FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Red face Jean Genie

So, I rubbed the lamp, out popped the Genie* and now I have the opportunity to get 2/3 pairs of jeans for free:

I know due to fashionbeans ongoing and intensive training that fit is essential and personal. However... In the £80 - £120 bracket which brands represent best quality / value for money?

(*In truth the actual mechanics are slightly different. I'm not even entirely sure Genie's are real, tbh.)

I love my All Saints Print Cigarette Jeans- they are skinny and stretchy. However, at £65, they fall outside of your price bracket.

There are other versions of the cigarette fit which fall into your bracket though.

How about these?

They are made from Japanese Selvedge (rare to find at £85), and therefore not stretchy. I have these ones too but as they don't stretch, the fit doesn't come off so skinny, so I keep these for smart/casual times when a skinny jean may not be appropriate. These times are few and far between nowadays though.

Oh, the quality is excellent btw

Jay

Style Icon
    Personally, I find the quality, durability and fit of Diesel jeans to be as good as anything out there (and often better than stuff at twice and three times the price). The price can go pretty high for the Black Gols collection but there's loads of choice in the £95 to £120 bracket.

These Thavar skinnys at £120 are great:

I simply don't wear anything else.

Yep I also love Diesels, none are skinny enough for me nowadays though I do get the occasional pair tailored.

Thanks guys - looks good... any more suggestions?

What does tailoring a pair of jeans to get them skinnier cost?

Re All Saints i'm surprised at the price of there jeans. I kinda like the brand - the scoop neck they have on everything is a little low for me and I think they design towards guys smaller than me but I really dig their styling.

How is the quality of their jeans?

Trend Setter
    Nudie Jeans are bang on your budget and they have a great variety of fits and washes. I personally wear Thin Finn (Skinny but not too skinny) and Grim Tim (Slim straight leg). Check out Nudie Jeans for fit guide etc. I would avoid tailoring denim and try and get a pair that fits perfect even if it means paying a little extra.

Jay

Style Icon
    I agree with Tone on the tailoring of jeans. I d have jeans taken up if necessary, but I wouldn't have them tapered. The thing with many pairs of jeans is that the stitching is an integral part of the design so messing about with them too much is a bad idea. And there's so much choice out there, it's just not necessary.

If you do want to do it, however, you'll find it will cost £15-£20 or so.

Ben, I've always found All Saints jeans to be great quality. Obviously the selvedge denim ones will be more durable than the stretch ones.

I've had jeans tailored anywhere between £10 and £30- at the higher end of that scale, you will have a quality tailor who will be able to replicate any fine stitch detail etc- worth it on expensive jeans. And to contradict Jay and Tone (sorry guys), I have been extremely happy with the results of tailoring jeans, and would buy jeans with tailoring in mind. You just can't beat the feeling of something that fits EXACTLY how you would like it to.

Agreed Jay... on reflection i think the way jeans are "built" is so integral to there overall quality that altering them would kinda defeat the point.

Thanks Tone... they look great.

+ Reply to Thread