FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Mens Running Gear

As a fashion conscious chap I decided that I needed to upgrade my running clothing. Prior to deciding this is been wearing scruffy looking jogging bottoms of the fleece variety, they are about a foot wide and got tatty round the bottoms.

Sooo I went out and got some running tights today, I think I can just about get away with them, I'm not ripped but I'm not carrying any fat either. I think they look alright worn with a longish top. I would never go for anything too tight on the top half as well though.

So what do you tend to wear at the gym/running

Any particular fav brands?

Style Icon
    Primark is my go to aha!

Primark jogging bottoms and a plain white slim fit tee. But seem as it's getting a bit warmer these days, might have to invest in some shorts for running.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

FashionBeans Staff
    I am of the opinion that you go to the gym to look horrendous; sweaty, smelly, hot, bothered, uncomfortable and with a proper gurn face. Therefore it doesn't really matter what you wear to the gym, as long as it didn't cost the earth because it will be ruined by sweat.

I've purpose bought a cheap pair of shorts and trainers and then just retire some of my old t shirts to gym status until they get to stinky.

If you really want to make a statement start kickboxing, I've got some cracking black satinesque, shiny, parachute trousers with a fetching double red stripe down the side . Looking hot.

Trend Setter
    I wouldn't worry too much about what you wear to the gym or out jogging. I usually just retire some of my old tees to the status of gym tshirt, preferable tight ones to show off the guns to my many admirers!

Fashionisto
    What about skin tight lycra leggings that show off my ballbag? Acceptable?

Style Icon
    Sorry for bumping this -

But I've finally got off my arse and started running. Does anyone else here run? I don't want to spend mega money and for me it's all about performance over aesthetics - my only aesthetic choice so far is that I'm buying everything in black, or maybe grey in the future.

I'm very thin by most people's standards (36 inch chest, 30 waist) etc. but I do want to tone up a bit. And I don't want to spend on a gym membership i will inevitably never use - so I'm taking advantage of the fact I live in a really nice, green part of town with plenty of good paths to run on.

What trainers do you lot favour? Atm I'm starting out with some black Adidas tech super 2.0 things I originally bought to wear in all-black outfits. Since though I've started really feeling the combo of white trainers and an all black outfit so I've found they're sitting unused. I like the look of Nike's Free or flyknit trainers as an upgrade if I want to go 'minimalist'.
    My fashion blog, 24 Pinfold Street at wordpress.
    Instagram: samrjclemens

I wear all black sportswear every day as my uniform/around the house/training gear. Always go Nike for tights with Nike shorts over the top then typically American Apparel for the tee/hoody on top or some John Elliott sweaters. Footwear I typically wear socks and slides or Nike flyknit racers casually and Nike flyknit Free 3/4 for actually running or training.

Fashionisto
    I agree with William Colman. Majority of my running gear (tights/shorts/tops) come from Sports Direct. Cheap as chips, easily replaceable and more than adequate for the job. Most of my kit is all black with no glaringly obvious logos so pretty indistinguishable from more expensive kit anyway. The only regret I had was I bought a cheap-ish pair of running shoes, which were shit tbh. Went to a running store and got properly fitted out with a pair of Asics shoes. Now they certainly arent going to win any style awards, but they were bought for the sole purpose of running and they've made a hell of a difference. I guess the adage "buy cheap, buy twice" certainly applied here.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I wear all black sportswear every day as my uniform/around the house/training gear. Always go Nike for tights with Nike shorts over the top then typically American Apparel for the tee/hoody on top or some John Elliott sweaters. Footwear I typically wear socks and slides or Nike flyknit racers casually and Nike flyknit Free 3/4 for actually running or training.
    Sounds good - I like the idea of a uniform at home. Atm I suppose mine is shorts or joggers and an american apparel t-shirt. I tend to sit with the window open in the day so unless it's a scorcher I'm ok in the summer.

Would you recommend the Nike flyknit free 3/4s then? Is their lightness and everything what it's cracked up to be?
    My fashion blog, 24 Pinfold Street at wordpress.
    Instagram: samrjclemens

I'd highly recommend them. I've got black ones and some really bright ones if I want some contrast to the all black look.

+ Reply to Thread