FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Blazer And Chinos Ok For Wedding Reception?

I am going to a wedding reception this weekend and I want to wear my Feraud one-button navy blazer with my All Saints filter chinos in taupe.

I will be teaming these with a Reiss paisley pocket square (just posted in recent purchases thread), a white shirt, an ecru linen tie with colour flecks, and chestnut brown tasseled & brogued loafers. I took inspiration for this look from the Michael Bastian article on this site.

The wedding reception is at the Eden project so will be an outdoors kinda thing (and hopefully sunny). Does this outfit sound ok? Or do I have to wear a suit? I have 2 suits, both are more suitable for colder weather / evenings. One is a grey slim fit suit (job interview stylee), the other is a navy houndstooth tux (swanky party stylee). Neither seem suitable to me, hence this conundrum!

Can I get some opinions plz?

Style Icon
    Stick with what you're wearing! If there's anything I've realised over the past couple of days (you're in bristol too, yes?), it's that sunny weather means you can get away with so much more casual outfitts, but still looked refined compared to everyone else.

Suits will look very stuffy outside in nice weather, with the possible exception of a navy one with penny loafers. The outfit sounds tidy and you'll stand out, for all the right reasons.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Trend Setter
    Well it probably depends on who the people are getting married, what their relationship to you is and what kind of people are going to be there. Suits are obviously quite a safe option, but if it's going to be a bit more laid back with some chill folk then I think the blazer and chino's will be dandy.

FashionBeans Staff
    I sold a chap some duck egg blue chinos and a grey blazer for his wedding foray (it wasn't his) and he looked just as good as someone in a suit AND just as appropriate. A nice white shirt, some good shoes and a pockets square and he was away.

Go for it.

Trend Setter
    Sounds perfect to me.. and I love that pocket square you posted.

As this is a reception, rather than the full wedding, I think the chino/blazer combo is a solid choice. I'm at a reception myself on the 4th, and will be throwing something together that's similar to you.

Trend Setter
    I can't edit that for some reason, but what I meant was, the Chino/Blazer combo is perfect.. I would NOT (personally) wear a suit unless I was going to the full ceremony. Even then I could be swayed to the chino's

Nice one guys

I'm worrying that my tie is too skinny now... Fuck it

Trend Setter
    ^I could be tempted to go open neck / tie-less (more so with a patterned shirt) considering the weather.. Given its the evening (and the heat may not be an issue at all by 8/9) I'd probably stick with the tie

I was the best dressed cunt there.

Some guy in a polo shirt, jeans and adidas kept dogging up my tasseled brogued loafers.

Got nuff compliments.

32 Artillery Lane, Spitalfields, London, E1 7LS, United Kingdom
    Well, In marriage suites are always a good and safe option. But for a change and uniqueness I like your idea of blazer. Blazers are worn with wide variety of other clothes, ranging from a shirt and tie to an open-necked polo shirt. They are seen with trousers of all colors, from the classic white cotton or linen, to grey flannel, to brown or beige chinos as well as jeans.

+ Reply to Thread