FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Harringtons: Merc V Baracuta

We all know Baracuta is the original and that they are nearly twice the price of the Merc harringtons, but I am in the market for a new RED harrington. I already own a Tan baracuta and Black Merc as well as a navy Ben Sherman. I'm torn between buying my new red harrington from Baracuta or Merc and I can't decide. Both have their better aspects.

For me the Merc jacket has a much better collar than the Baracuta, however Baracuta jackets have a much nicer and more plush lining than the Merc jackets as well as all that heritgage, even though the Merc jackets have been running for some time and are generally great quality.

I can't decide.

What do you think?

FashionBeans Staff
    I'm a stickler with my Harringtons so I would say go Baracuta, they've been in the business long enough to know how it works and they produce the original design. However, I was chatting to a guy the other day who said they had been taken over by a Chinese/malaysian company (details were sketchy) who had jacked up the price, I certainly bought my G9 slim fit a year ago for 99 off the site and it looks like that might be the case.

I would still go Baracuta though, I just love heritage.

+ Reply to Thread