FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

FashionBeans Staff
    Although it isn't leather I got my Ex navy Peacoat tailored a while ago, I needed a complete restructure, including shoulders, sleeves and waist to get it to fit just right, it too a while and cost me a £80. Whether this helps I don't know, but it does give you an idea of price for a full restructuring.

Trend Setter
    Oh, I didn't read it was a leather jacket. In that case, as Jay said, it's probably not worth it. It will surely be really expensive and even tailored it may still not suit you that well.

Trend Setter
    I have a nice Strellson suit which I don't wear as the leg is too wide. Would it be possible to get the whole leg made slim without ruining the appearance of the suit?

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by happydayz View Post
    I have a nice Strellson suit which I don't wear as the leg is too wide. Would it be possible to get the whole leg made slim without ruining the appearance of the suit?
    Absolutely. A good tailor will do this for you for about £20 (£30 max).

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Absolutely. A good tailor will do this for you for about £20 (£30 max).
    Great news. Thanks for the reply.

Trend Setter
    I have a pair of Ted Baker Jeans in quite a unique blue but I have stopped wearing because they are straight fit and I have now moved to a much slimmer fit. Is it possible for a tailor to change the fit of the jeans - or would it just be worth buying a new pair?
    Thanks.

I asked ages ago at the Ted Baker shop where they have their suits altered so I already know where to go, just haven't managed to go out and ask yet.

Can somebody please recommend a tailor based in London?

Thanks

Sam

Style Icon
    I'd just like to make the same slightly embarrassing excuse as Rubyblue - I didn't read the bit about leather! Sorry

Trend Setter
    Ignoring sports coat, I have an ASOS suit, a Tiger of Sweden suit, and one bespoke suit. If you are wondering why I kid own as many suits as I do, it is because my job is selling security systems door to door and I feel like dressing more professionally makes me easier to take seriously. Anyway, though the Tiger of Sweden suit is better than the ASOS suit, bespoke is bespoke is bespoke and when you have a 33-34 waist and a 46 chest, and you are tall, it is so nice to have something made for you.

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    Can somebody please recommend a tailor based in London?

Thanks
    Have a perusal online, or you could pop into one of the bigger name stores like Reiss and ask them where they get their alterations done, that's your best bet unless someone else has a favourite tailor.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last