FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 4 5 6 7 Last

Jay,

When he does your shirts what does he do to them?

Does he put darts in and are you happy with them if he does?

I'm considering taking a expensive shirt there and considering the options

Cheers

Jay

Style Icon
    I prefer my shirts to be taken in/darted at the sides rather than have darts put in at the back as I don't like extra seams. I also sometimes I have the sleeves narrowed too, although I tend to spend my money on more expensive shirts these days that need less doing (Paul Smith slim cut shirts fit wonderfully).

I've never been disappointed with his work although I still expect nothing to fit when it comes back as he's never yet measured me.

I'm not sure what your other options would be. Either get it tailored or wear an ill-fitting shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I prefer my shirts to be taken in/darted at the sides rather than have darts put in at the back as I don't like extra seams. I also sometimes I have the sleeves narrowed too, although I tend to spend my money on more expensive shirts these days that need less doing (Paul Smith slim cut shirts fit wonderfully).

I've never been disappointed with his work although I still expect nothing to fit when it comes back as he's never yet measured me.

I'm not sure what your other options would be. Either get it tailored or wear an ill-fitting shirt.
    My problem is I like my shirts really fitted in the small of my back but I have a big chest and arms so it's rare for slim fit shirts to fit properly although the diesel one I recently bought was perfect, by options Im talking about the different ways to take it in, I'll. Have a chat with Gordon and see what he says.

Thanks again.

Fashionisto
    Ok so I have about 2/3pairs of trousers that I need tapering

One pair of cords and one pair of checked trousers

My dilemma is that I can't seem to find a decent tailor in cheltenham, a quick search on yell brings up a load of dry cleaners that do some alterations othgerwise some lady up the village that does curtain repairs and a dew alts on the side. I cannot trust these ppl with my beloved trousers because there's no going back.

Anyone know any decent tailors either in cheltenham or bristol?

Or is there a service online that I could use?

Trend Setter
    I have numerous pairs of jeans and trousers in a 32" waist but am now a 30". Is it possible for a tailior to alter the waist to make these fit again?

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I have numerous pairs of jeans and trousers in a 32" waist but am now a 30". Is it possible for a tailior to alter the waist to make these fit again?
    Yeah, they can put darts in the waistband, it's not the prettiest but there'll probably be a belt/untucked shirt over it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkle View Post
    Ok so I have about 2/3pairs of trousers that I need tapering

One pair of cords and one pair of checked trousers

My dilemma is that I can't seem to find a decent tailor in cheltenham, a quick search on yell brings up a load of dry cleaners that do some alterations othgerwise some lady up the village that does curtain repairs and a dew alts on the side. I cannot trust these ppl with my beloved trousers because there's no going back.

Anyone know any decent tailors either in cheltenham or bristol?

Or is there a service online that I could use?
    Hassan's Persian Tailoring on Jacobs Wells Road in Bristol is my guy! He's a proper character, too. His skill is extraordinary, something you don't see a lot.

Edit: Hassan's Persian Tailoring, Bespoke Bristol Tailor, Clothing Alterations, Hotwells

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    Hassan's Persian Tailoring on Jacobs Wells Road in Bristol is my guy! He's a proper character, too. His skill is extraordinary, something you don't see a lot.

Edit: Hassan's Persian Tailoring, Bespoke Bristol Tailor, Clothing Alterations, Hotwells
    Went to see your man hassan today, what a gent and a real craftsman. I took in 3 pairs for alteration and he did the first there in front of me, said he wanted me to see how he did it. So he got me a cup of tea and I sat around in his shop chatting while he measured up.

The jeans came out beyond my expectation they just feel perfect, follow my lines exactly. Cant wait to get the other pairs now.

Recons he's closing his shop for a year to go travelling which is a bit of an arse.

Style Icon
    Unkle, may I ask how much the single alteration set you back? I have a pair of All Saints short-kicks which I'm considering taking to a tailors to remove the drop-crotch and slim the leg a bit at the thigh.

Fashionisto
    Sure, he charged me 25 for that work (one pair) well worth that money I think for perfectly custom jeans

Tbh though I'm not sure how good the result would be with drop crotch, purely because it will throw all the proportions

Could be wrong mind

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 4 5 6 7 Last