FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

ASOS Pea Coat - What To Wear With It?

hey guys, long time lurker.

I am totally guilty of lacking a variety of colour in my wardrobe. Most of my stuff is black (save for the odd shirt) or very dark (e.g. navy, dark brown, wine). It tends to be a matter of darker shades being easy to pair together, so I can put little thought into getting dressed in the morning. (This is a cycle I'm looking to break out of).

ASOS | ASOS Shawl Peacoat at ASOS

However, this beige pea coat stood out to me in the ASOS sale (admittedly, I'm a student in debt so the price tag definitely appealed) and was wondering what people's opinions are on it? Not just opinions, Also inspiration for what I could wear with it. I was thinking navy trousers, tan shoes/belt but aside from that I'm a bit clueless. I think it's a really nice piece though, and this colour jacket seems to not be found on many guys nowadays (always a good thing). So do you like it? any outfit ideas? Style wise, I like more formal pieces (shirt, leather shoes, trousers. not keen on jeans, rarely wear t-shirts).

Cheers!

Jay

Style Icon
    I've never been a fan of the peacoat really, but the colour is nice and almost anything will go with it.

Your idea of navy with tan shoes is absolutely sound and will create a good balance of dark and light tones. I think stone/camel coloured coats work best with dark colours to anchor them so your current wardrobe would be ideal.

How about these for ideas:

Simple and stylish: a black roll neck, black jeans and black chelsea boots (I think that would look awesome)

Autumnal: cream/ecru cable knit jumper, dark brown tweed trousers and tan brogues

A Splash of colour: dark chambray/denim shirt, dark red skinny chinos/cords and tan brogue boots

Trend Setter
    I am also not really a fan of the peacoat nor the shawl collar nor beige/cream. So, that coat is definitely not for me but it is a nice piece if that's your thing.

Try throwing in some of that 'wine' colour you have. I'm just looking at a najavo print t-shirt I have, the pattern is in beige, black, deep red and dark brown. So try a mix of those colours.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Thanks for the colour tips guys. Really helpful! As for peacoats in general, I think they could be my favourite item of clothing. Have a black one (surprise lol) which I wear religiously. Did consider the shawl collar on this - I'm undecided on that myself. It looks nice in the picture, although I do tend to like traditional lapels when it comes to jackets. I'm going to order it and worse comes to worst I can always return it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Autumnal: cream/ecru cable knit jumper, dark brown tweed trousers and tan brogues

A Splash of colour: dark chambray/denim shirt, dark red skinny chinos/cords and tan brogue boots
    love these ideas! Roll necks still scare me, however. They can look pretty badass, but I feel like you need to be a Parisian artist/lecturer to really rock that look, haha.

Trend Setter
    Sorry to agree with everyone and dis the pea-coat, but I do like this one more than most. However, I would lean more to a jacket like this:

Regardless, pair it with blues, preferable pastel blues (because your coat is cream.)

Trend Setter
    Love Pea coats, not particularly in that style, though. Colour wise for pairings I would go navy mate.

+ Reply to Thread