FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

What To Wear With A Tweed Military Blazer?

Bet you've heard this question time and time again, but I certainly don't feel bad about asking. I need the advice, and this seems like the perfect place to ask

My whole wardrobe is terrible, but I've been getting the basics in lately. Anyway, I spotted this Blazer:

I REALLY like it. The thing is, it's perfectly in my price range. If you have seen any others that you think I would be better off getting, please do share with me, but it would have to be under £140.

Anyway, I was trying to think of what I could wear it with. Obviously some nice jeans and shoes, but I'm looking for something to stand out a little! Maybe some colour...

Some links regarding what to wear this with would be wonderful.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this!

thinking maybe me personally some stone chinos and a white tshirt with a scalf for colour... shoes wise... could stick militaryesque and get some military boots?

Thanks for the reply!

Sounds good, not too sure on the boots tho. My girlfriend bought me a pair of Military boots last year and I've only worn them once! I feel very uncomfortable in them, as I think they look huge down there. I've never worn boots before, only really trainers. Need to get more comfortable in them haha!

oo and as im hat mad... cant go wrong with a gd quality fedora or messenger hat/flatcap

in that case cant go wrong with pair of shoe.. personally id go black/dark just due to the lightness of the bottoms and darkness of the top.. but thats just me sure everybody else will offer more advice soon footware is my downfall generally lol

Jay

Style Icon
    How about something like this:

Unfortunately I can't pull of hats haha!

I love your suggestions Jay! Time to search around now!

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Unfortunately I can't pull of hats haha!

I love your suggestions Jay! Time to search around now!
    Thanks.

I tried to go for something that felt like autumn and browns, creams and deep reds really do that for me. And cable knits and brogues are bang on trend this season whilst also having a timeless classic appeal that should last for years to come.

Sam

Style Icon
    It's a nice jacket, I was going to suggest something very similar to Jay's! That's a good look.

I think this one would look quite cool - play up the heritage aspect of the piece a bit. Obviously Allsaints and Grenson don't fall within all price ranges but they're just examples of the sort of thing I think would work. Add appropriate scarf, hat , belt (match to shoes) and/or gloves if you like - this would be the place for bolder colours or patterns I think - and you're set! The dandy would consider a flat cap. I've never been able to get away with them though! Lastly if Chelsea boots aren't your thing, a brogue boot would set it off well too. Personally what I'd do is roll up the trousers to the point at which the entire boot is visible, which usually looks neat. Lastly, the cord shirt is nice and hefty so you could let it flap undone, or leave the top few buttons undone, over a plain white T if you fancied - but there'd be a lot going on by then.

http://www.allsaints.com/men/shirts/allsaints_corduane_shirt/?colour=162&category=11
    http://www.riverisland.com/Online/me...ousers--255931
    Grenson | Arthur Chelsea Boot

+ Reply to Thread