FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Seekwal View Post
    I embraced the skater style for a while. Baggy jeans, skate shoes (the chunkier the better), wallet chains, hoodies etc. How people past the age of 16 can still wear skate shoes day in day out as casual footwear is beyond me, they look ridiculous.
    Yep, also guilty of this one!

Lol, am I the only one who used to be a metalhead during his teen years?

Obscure band t-shirts tucked into black jeans, large wallet chains, black hoodies, even the occasional inverted pentagram as an accessory... those were the times. Oh, and not to mention the short period when I painted my nails black.

Fashionisto
    Looking like an All Saints mannequin about 3 years ago.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Looking like an All Saints mannequin about 3 years ago.
    White jeans and all?

Trend Setter
    I've been through a range of different styles, but don't regret any of them really because they reflected what I was into and where I was at at the time. There have, however, been clothes that i have bought that clearly didn't suit/fit me very well, which were a mistake.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterShorts View Post
    White jeans and all?
    Luckily, i never ventured that far into the trend, but snood jumpers, amongst other 'wrong' pieces and a wardrobe with alot of grey? Yeahhh, dunno why i done that. More money than sense probably (i didn't have alot of money, so the sense wasn't in abundance).

Trend Setter
    Slightly off-topic but it's been mentioned in this thread: I find dressing to go out to clubs/bars really difficult. If I know we're just going to a couple of smart bars then it's fairly easy, but if clubs are involved then I'm never sure what to wear. It's always roasting hot inside clubs so I end up sweating in anything more than a t-shirt or shirt; there's no way I could wear a cardigan, jacket or blazer. I also always worry that people will spill drink on me and so I don't ever want to wear anything too smart.

My biggest fashion regret is that 3 or 4 years ago I wore lots of Jack Wills, A&F, and Hollister, so I looked like a walking advertising board.

Fashionisto
    Merc - Cause it's winter, i tend to throw on a chambray shirt, quite light to wear but doesn't make walking from club to club a test to see how my body copes in the freezing cold. Another one i use is just a plain t-shirt and jacket, take off the jacket in the club and ta-da!

Trend Setter
    Evisu jeans! I owned 3 pairs of them back when they were a big deal, before became a hip-hop trend. It makes me cringe to think I had those ugly painted guls on the back pockets.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Merc - Cause it's winter, i tend to throw on a chambray shirt, quite light to wear but doesn't make walking from club to club a test to see how my body copes in the freezing cold. Another one i use is just a plain t-shirt and jacket, take off the jacket in the club and ta-da!
    But then I worry about using the coat checking at the clubs, a lot of the time they're incompetent and over-priced, I hate having to pay for that on top of getting into the club and the extortionate drink prices!

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Evisu jeans! I owned 3 pairs of them back when they were a big deal, before became a hip-hop trend. It makes me cringe to think I had those ugly painted guls on the back pockets.
    I went through an Evisu phase too, I was obsessed with them at one point, I owned Evisu t-shirts, jumpers, and jeans. The worst bit about it is that Evisu items are expensive too. To think that I spent so much on their clothing at one point when for the same or less money I could have got some nice Levis or Nudie jeans; plus all the items I bought were too big for me, I must have looked ridiculous. My other style 'never again' was my skater phase when I was a teenager. My favourite piece of clothing at the time was a black Metallica hoodie!

+ Reply to Thread