FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Tweed Jacket

Hi all, this is my first post. It's been a long time since I took much interest in my wardrobe, but I'm a recent convert, albeit an uninformed one.

I'm currently awaiting delivery of these Herring shoes, but today I also grabbed a bargain in a vintage clothes shop - a well-fitting tweed jacket, in a beige colour. The nearest I could find an image was this one, but mine cost 95% less!

Could you clever people advise what would look good with the jacket, both for casual and a smarter look, including the shoes as well?

btw I'm a youthful looking 51, so skinny jeans etc. are out!

Thanks.

Trend Setter
    Hi Gnasher. Welcome! I'd like to help you out, but I'm not seeing any picture there, just a bunch of empty space.

My first thought for a classic look (even without the picture) are dark jeans (slim, not skinny!), a white oxford, and maybe brown Chelsea boots. Hard to go wrong with that, regardless of the color of the tweed coat, and looks pretty good having a drink on Friday night with friends.

Fashionisto
    Thanks. Thought I might have done something wrong, but I can see the pics on my laptop and phone. Colour is completely different on each though, looking very grey on the phone.

I've been.thinking a burgundy roll neck might work, also cords, but i'll need to think further on colour.

Further suggestions gratefulIly received.

Ooops, now edited. I won't use the phone to post on here anymore!
    Last edited by gnasher; 19-09-2012 at 03:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread