FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Slimmer Fitting Clothes

one problem I seem to have is finding clothes that fit my body and still have a decent length to them. I like to have a little bit of ruffle at the bottom of whats on my legs and I prefer to get shirts that have cuffs that aren't too short.jeans haven't been too much of a problem but other clothes still seem more tricky to find. i've been trying to get more clothing thats slim fitting and looking for that on the labels but it tends to be ok around my waist and the circumference of my limbs but not in its length which means it to me it doesn't look like it fits,lots of clothing labels have different ideas over what is slim fitting and what isn't, some is made totally different to others,I bought 3 check shirts over the summer which are slim fit but they all look like they would be worn for something different and overall i'm not entirely happy with them. I am over 6 ft tall and ectomorphic in frame size. I am on a budget for a lot of clothing as I don't have much money but can anyone suggest brands and where to look what to look for. I am interested in both casual and smart-casual clothing,for shirts I am not looking for something tight which would look good on muscly guys but just something classic. was thinking of getting a couple of pairs of military style boots ,one smartish pair and one more casual and i'd like something to go with that. any ideas or suggestions for good budget clothing?

Trend Setter
    I'm faced with the same problem. I don't know where you're located, exactly, but in the US Old Navy and even the Gap have taller sizes and slimmer fits. Old Navy is lower quality/cheaper. You can find 36-inch inseams on a good selection of their pants, some with 32 inch waists, which is pretty tall and slim. The 1MX shirts at Express also come in tall/slim.

As for the fits, I've noticed something about that. It's a great idea to go into stores and try on the different fits, even if the lengths don't fit you exactly. Today I found that many stores in the US do have 36 inch inseams, but they are online exclusives. So you can try on the different fits and waist sizes and see what looks/feels best while ignoring the shortness in the leg, and then ordering the exact same pant with the longer leg online. I did that today and found that a 32-waist loose fit looks and feels better than a 32-waist slim fit, due to my quads...the slim fit felt and looked like a skinny around my thighs! Or I could have used a 33-waist slim, but that was a little looser around my waist. The 32-waist with the loose fit still looks like a slim fit, though, because of how tall I am.

Bottom line, you're cursed with having to go to many stores and try many things on, finding out that most don't fit. Take my advice and don't compromise and buy something ill-fitting, though. Like you said, it just looks bad, and it's the fastest way to make a $150 shirt look like a $30 shirt.

Oh, and if you happen to find a store that does sell tall/slim clothes, I'd love to hear about it! I'm always looking for new options, especially in Europe and the US.

tajdon
    There are so much in store for you. Mostly you'll see them all online. You can browse over the styles with their corresponding prices. Usually what you see on line has an increase in price because they would indicate the shipping fees. But if you find the store itself, you'll get to know the real price.

thanks guys!
    yea i'm in europe (uk) ,we have gap over here, there is a store in a nearby town I could try. yea i've had that problem before of paying out for something which was a nice shirt just didn't look right which made it look cheap but more importantly it made me look scruffy and badly dressed.
    great tip about trying on in store then ordering online, I have to remember to do that. i'm quite impulsive and when I see something I like its hard for me not to leave the store without it!

FashionBeans Staff
    I usually only have an issue with shirts; I've found Allsaints fit really well but they cost way too much and tend to only be suitable for more casual use.

Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    I've found Allsaints fit really well but they cost way too much and tend to only be suitable for more casual use.
    agreed.
    I have found though for instance that their tee's sometimes are designed more like a muscle t-shirt style. think it can vary with their range.

Hi everyone,

i usually wear formal size shirts because i am little thin, But i am very desperate to wear slim shirts or t-shirts, do u think it will suit me ?. If yes, guys plz suggest me some of brand..

+ Reply to Thread