FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

They are similair around the waist but the taper is nicer i think, Grims seem to be more of a slim/straight fit on me (big hips). I'd say they're closer to Thin Finns just with more room up top.

Your not a fan of my username?! Ha.

Trend Setter
    Might take a look at them next time I'm in Manchester. Are they selvedge?

Re your username- I'm a Liverpool fan...!

They are not. Not sure if the fit even comes in selvedge.

Can't be all bad, he's not exactly made waves since moving. I use it as it's what i'm known as round my way. Last name has some similarities, called it once and it stuck.

Trend Setter
    In hindsight, it was a good bt of business for us.
    Have you looked at Edwin at all? I can recommend them for those who want a bit more room towards the hips. I've got a pair of ED62. They fit like a slim jim but are much roomier up top.

SM1

With Nudies Dry denim do you buy your normal size or should you get a smaller size/longer legs? Ahh sorry but there's loads of different info and i'm confused. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Have you looked at Edwin at all? I can recommend them for those who want a bit more room towards the hips. I've got a pair of ED62. They fit like a slim jim but are much roomier up top.
    I haven't before, not in depth anyway. I'll definitely take them into consideration for the next time i'm looking to invest!

Quote Originally Posted by SM1 View Post
    With Nudies Dry denim do you buy your normal size or should you get a smaller size/longer legs? Ahh sorry but there's loads of different info and i'm confused. Thanks
    I'm a 33 waist, so usually purchase 34 waists. I stepped down 1 size on Nudie's but i've heard people somtimes go down 2. I wasn't brave enough! Mine fit brilliantly though. So -1 should probably be fine.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1 View Post
    This is all down to personal preference and every denim head will have their own opinion. I am a 31/32 measured waist and always buy a 30 in nudie and edwin. You also have to bear in mind the cut of the denim and whether you're just looking for a pair of jeans to throw on from time to time or you want a real project to work on, day in, day out. Some people by true to size and that's fine but because all my jeans are projects, I always go a size down, at least for those brands. That being said, a tighter fit will potentially cause the denim to expand quite a lot and this could leave you with a roomier pair than you would have liked. This will be more so if your weight has a tendency to fluctuate.

So, SM1, my advice to you (if for example you were buying a pair of slim jims) would be to buy a size down, so you can at least get them on and move about with them on. As a rule, my jeans have all added 2 inches on the waist after a couple months of wear so they fit me perfectly now. You're looking for a reasonably snug fit but you need to be able to breathe! There is a possibility that size wise, they just don't work out and yes, this might be a bit of an expensive mistake but at least you'll know for next time. I think I just got lucky. As torres says, he chose to size up and they have served him well so different strokes for different folks I guess.

For a dearth of advice, have a look at www.mynudies.com

SM1

Yeah I generally wear skinny jeans so I was going to go for thin finns or long johns but i'm just not sure how tight they'd be, I'd want something fairly skinny. Think i'll probably get the thin finns

Trend Setter
    Let us know how you get on.

I've just washed my even stevens. Pics up soon. Excited.

+ Reply to Thread