FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Dry/Raw Denim Jeans

Bonsoir Messieurs,

Are there any other dry denim fanatics out there? If so, what are you breaking in at the moment?

Sam

Style Icon
    I love it. I tried, very very unsuccessfully, to break in a cheap pair of Topman raw denim jeans recently. More of an experiment than anything... I think I'll stick to Nudies!

Trend Setter
    Nudie Thin Finn dry stretch are my current project that I have been wearing to work since 07/12/2010, they fit perfect and I have no intentions of washing any time soon. I was working on some Thin Finn Ecru Embo simultaneously but I ended up washing them prematurely and made into a pair of shorts for the summer.

Trend Setter
    Are you rocking a pair of Nudies at the moment, Sam? I think when it comes to denim, you really do get what you pay for. Did you end up washing your Topman jeans? Not really sure why they ever thought it was a good idea to put out a line of raw denim.

How are your TFDS looking, Tone? any pics?

I just got an 18 month old pair of Nudie Even Stevens repaired (horrendous crotch rip). They have had a sea wash but I think I'm going to wear them for another few months before they grace the machine. I also have a pair of Average Joes with about 4 months work and a nice pair of Edwin ED62 with about 8. I have retired a pair of Slim Jims that are so threadbare now that I daren't wear them anymore. They turned out really well though. I'll try and get ome pics up. Currently got my eye on a pair of naked and famous Weird Guy.

Sam

Style Icon
    I'm afraid, Olly, that being 17 I recently grew out of me old Nudies (don't actually remember the fit - it was somewhere between slim and skinny). They weren't very far broken in either - well, things only fit for so long when your young. Looks like it's time for a new pair!
    Anybody done the old 50s job and sat in a hot bath for a half hour or two to shrink them? Always been curious about that!

Trend Setter
    Not sure if you'll be able to see this but these are a pair of Slim Jims that I worked on for a good while.

Photos of Nudie Jeans | FacebookI'll upload a picture of my even stevens when I've washed them.

Sam, I don't know if you're going to uni next year but you should have a project pair to wear for all of your first year. Even if you're not, you should do it anyway. Ha.

Sam

Style Icon
    Damn those look good! Dolce and Gabbana can only dream. Shame about the hole though.
    I don't know whether I'm going to uni next year either haha... I'll have to do well. I like the sound of a project pair! It would be worth learning to repair motorcycles for the sake of breaking jeans in by repairing motorcycles in them. That's some irony there

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Not sure if you'll be able to see this but these are a pair of Slim Jims that I worked on for a good while.

Photos of Nudie Jeans | FacebookI'll upload a picture of my even stevens when I've washed them.
    Those SJ's look pretty awesome Olly, my TTDS aren't anywhere near that stage yet! I won't be washing them for atleast another year or so.

Just started breaking in a pair of Tape Ted fit Nudie's. Like above had a pair in my younger years but grew out of them during life's final growth spurt! Probably won't wash them inside a year, but don't like to plan. I'll finalise once i love them enough!!

Trend Setter
    How are you finding the tape ted, torres (shudder)? Are they similar to the grim tim?

+ Reply to Thread