FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Quality Of All Saints Clothing

I have always been a fan of All Saints, but I do believe the quality to be a little questionnable, and its getting to the stage where I dont believe youre paying for what you get. Certainly a few friends have had enough.

Does anyone else out there feel the same?

Style Icon
    You definately don't get what you pay for, but with Allsaints you're buying into a brand, an image and a whole aesthetic. While they might big up the quality of individual items, in reality you're paying for the design.

Don't get me wrong, Allsaints are considerably better in construction than the low to middle highstreet shops, and that's why I do wear alot but I would never pay full price for it.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Fashionisto
    But they are a brand that nearly went under last year, so surely they either bring their prices down or improve their quality?

FashionBeans Staff
    I have always found All Saints sizing, quality and fit to be catastrophically varied. I haven't bought anything from them for about a year, I bought a jumper in a small and it was vast, I fit perfectly into pretty much any small, anywhere on the market. It's the same story with pretty much all their knitwear, their t shirts are ridiculously inconsistent in sizes to.

Their shirts still fit well and they do some nice designs but outside of that, its just a waste of money in my honest opinion. I certainly wouldn't buy anything full price.

You can see they're struggling; the whole ground floor of the Brighton store is pretty much empty, they've got a few blocked sale rails but there's still huge gaps.

Fashionisto
    I love AllSaints and have spent an obscene amount of money in there over the past year or so. The sizes though, especially the t-shirts, are ridick. I have one XL tee which is SMALLER than my other tees, that are large.

Trend Setter
    Sizing inconsistency is my only gripe other than that I am perfectly satisfied with the quality and look.

Interestingly their print cigarette jeans were 75 euro a year and a half ago, 95 up to 2 weeks ago and now are 110 euro.

They have done this for a number of items. I sent an email of complaint just for the craic.

Fashionisto
    I rencently invested in a pair of Buckley Chelsea boots from them. For 155 I was expecting amazing things, granted they looked nothing short of amazing, however they started to fall apart after a month. To cap it off, not only did I buy an immensely overpriced faulty pair of boots, I was hit with the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. I sent them back to be evaluated as requested (this was supposed to take 48-hours max.) upon which they would let me know of the outcome and wait for me to advise how to proceed. This took 2-weeks of me constantly badgering them, after which I found out that they'd been sent back to Poutugal where their suppliers are!

It took a whole month to get a refund. I've also bought a Trinity Tonic Crew T-Shirt from there, my usual American Apparel tees are MUCH better quality. Looks great though, not worth 30 at all, it's like tracing paper.

I really just think it's average quality clothing polished up by a marketing team and sold as premium.

Trend Setter
    I don't have any problems with the quality, none of the All Saints stuff I own has fallen apart, but I do get infuriated by the inconsistency of the sizing. I'm generally a small or a medium in most items, but I've had some small knitwear pieces from All Saints that are too big, and some which fit like a glove. Also, is it just me or are all their tops, particularly knitwear, a bit longer than most brands?

I have to say that the inconsistency is a real problem when buying online. It doesn't bother me if I ever go to one of their stores, but seeing as the nearest one is about 40 mins drive from me, I usually buy stuff from them online.

Trend Setter
    Alot of their t-shirts are really bad quality and irregular sizes. Their footwear though is great from what I have purchased. I have a pair of boots now 4 years, 180 at the time was expensive but actually a bargain for how long they've lasted and look great

Fashionisto
    Just received an allsaints henley which I paid 60 for only for it to arrive with a 50 price tag.....grr.

Anyway - Ive written a letter of complaint over the quality and pricing issues, and have pointed them to this forum in the hope that someone will sit up and take notice. Its a popular brand for the fashion conscious, so if we can do our bit to get them back on track then it will be a job well done!!

So come on complaints or praise, lets air them here and see what happens!!

+ Reply to Thread