FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Blazer for dates

Hi there everyone,

I was hoping to find a nice blazer that I could wear on dates. I'm 25 and quite slim, so I was thinking a slim fit one would be best. I was also hoping to find one in a dark colour, preferably black.

I want it to be worn on dates, which usually involves drinks in some nicer bars. I want it to look quite slick and "cool" and not be too formal.

I have been looking around some of the highstreet shops online, and I just can't seem to find one that I like. Zara has some nice ones and has probably been my favourite so far.

I was hoping someone could recommend a shop which sells quite trendy blazers, so I can do more investigating as at the moment I'm having no luck!

Thanks in advance guys.

Fashionisto
    Well if you want to have a less formal look, then I'd stay clear of black! How about burgundy?

Fashionisto
    I agree with @JOEL!, black blazers are probably far too formal looking for casual dates. How about this slick slim fit blazer?

I'm not allowed to post urls yet but search "Selected Slim Fit Blazer with Two Buttons" at ASOS if you're interested. If not ASOS has a huge range of blazers.

Yeah, steer clear of black. Navy will go with lots more stuff and burgundy will stand out more whilst still being cool.

Ted Baker is well worth a look. It's worth shelling out a bit - a cheap blazer isn't going to impress anyone.

J8x

Trend Setter
    Navy is always a solid choice. If it's your first then it's probably the best one to go for as it's so versatile if you get it right. A classic two button notch lapel in wool or cotton can be dressed up or down. If you're not to keen on navy then I've always been a fan of light grey but burgundy is popular and is a good colour to match with any colour bottoms.

+ Reply to Thread