FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

For those of you who wear skinny or slim jeans/Trousers ....

Quick question.

For those of you who wear skinny or slim fitting jeans or trousers, do you ever buy jeans or trousers in other fits (i.e. straight leg) etc?

The reason I ask is, I buy all my jeans in skinny fit (or slim). Same with my suits.

I ordered a pair of navy cords from Reiss which came today. They were billed as "slim" fitting and arent bad but are by no means as narrow as I would normally buy and, subsequently, it feels slightly strange wearing them.

I can't make up my mind whether I should return them in keeping with my normal style or whether its foolish to be so one dimensional and that its ok to actually have different fits of trouser.

Fashionisto
    I feel ya.. I guess you could get them tailored with more of a taper so you feel more comfortable.

I pretty much exclusively wear skinny fit, apart from formal suits (although I have a couple of skinny suits).

Any trousers I buy that aren't that skinny always end up getting tailored, otherwise I just don't wear them. I think trouser fit is the most important and defining aspect of your style.

Fashionisto
    Anything wider than a slim leg just looks dated IMO, that or like you don't care. For me it just feels like they don't fit. I wear skinny all of the time too, I'm pondering chinos in a slim fit because they usually feel too wide as you describe.

Looking at the Farah Vintage 'slim fit'.

Style Icon
    I have the same problem with some Jasper Conran chinos I bought recently and consequently have reverted back to wearing my Topman ones. I think the need for a contemporary fit is even more pressing when the trousers in question are cords, and need that modern twist to stop them looking dated. I'd say take them back, or get them taken in.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Yep the modern twist is essential, especially when wearing heritage looks etc

It can be the difference between dapper kid and the dreaded geography teacher

Trend Setter
    I must stress - these are not wide - they are definately slim fitting (just not as slim as I would normally wear).

I will try and get a pic up for comments!

If you were happy with the fit, would this thread exist?

My chinos are slim but are not as slim as my jeans.

Trend Setter
    Maybe I was over-reacting (I had tried them on after having some very skinny fitting trousers on before so the difference was perhaps more noticable).

They arent skinny per se but are definately a slim fit and far narrower than a straight leg. Might keep them.

+ Reply to Thread