FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

High street jeans

Hi all, this is my first post, but I have been keeping an eye on the forums recently out of interest. So I've got a couple of pairs of Levi 501 and 511 jeans but would like some cheaper but decent everyday jeans - I looked at the Topman Vintage slim jeans and they looked ok, but would like to know what high street affordable jeans you recommend such as H&M, Topman, RI, Gap etc.?

Cheers

I wear a pair of H&M LOGG dark slim fit indigo jeans - they fit really nicely and I think I prefer them to some of my more expensive pairs.

Try some on, if you like them then you like them. Doesn't matter that they're not "designer" IMO.

I have a few pairs from Primark that I actually love, only 10 too.

Also have a pair from River Island that get quite a lot of wear.

My top tip, however, would be Religion jeans. They always seem to be available online at reduced prices and the quality and design is really good for the price.

Trend Setter
    I've owned several pairs of H&M LOGG jeans, and been generally happy with them. Although they don't compare to Levis jeans in quality and durability, in fit nor colour persistence, I'd probably consider buying a pair as a cheap alternative.

They're a much better alternative to expensive designer jeans, that usually give up in colour just as fast, but cost four-five times more.

J8x

Trend Setter
    Cosign H&M. Avoid Topman, River Island are hit and miss although I hear they've stepped up recently.

Uniqlo tend to be pretty good.

Trend Setter
    Pretty pleased with my GAP ones considering the price.

Uniqlo, not strictly high street, (unless you're in London)

I have 3 pairs of slim fit, in indigo, burgundy and black. Less than 10 apiece. Gutted I didn't buy more of them to be honest.

Fashionisto
    Thanks for the replies everyone - were the Primark ones under the 'Cedarwood State' brand? The stuff the do exclusively for Selfridges concessions are great but not looked in their own stores before.

I've got a H&M nearby so will check them out too. With regards to Uniqlo, I've bought the Oxford and polo shirts previously but not tried the jeans. I don't really want to pay more than 30 for everyday pair.

I think the GAP jeans are very good quality for the price. You could get two pairs fro the price of one pair of Levis.

+ Reply to Thread