FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Opinions towards Luxury Fashion Brands and their Emergence to the Internet

Hi everyone,

I am completing an individual study about the emergence of luxury fashion retailers online and luxury fashion consumers' opinions towards this and would appreciate you filling in my survey which will contribute greatly to my studies. Hopefully you will find the questions interesting and can express your own opinions. You can find it at this link QuickSurveys

Alternatively, you can express your thoughts here about what you think about luxury brands being online?

Many thanks!
    Daniel

I think when it comes to luxury fashion I would much prefer to purchase in-store partly because you can get a feel for the quality of the goods (something that is very important to me when it comes to luxury). It also comes down to the service you receive in-store, something you are unlikely to receive online, you can often ask for advice about styles and sizes that would suit and staff in luxury fashion stores tend to be very accommodating. Shopping for luxury brands is just as much about the experience as it is the clothes. However with that said, shopping for luxury brands online possibly gives you more choice, certain things from a luxury brand can be found online and not in store.

Some interesting thoughts, thank you.
    What other things do you think can be found online and not in store?
    Do you feel that luxury brands can replicate the instore environment online?

I cant really think of anything specific but I think perhaps online they have the whole range of particular items whereas in-store this is often not the case. Tbh I don't think that luxury brands can replicate the experience online completely may be if they were to add online "customer assistants" who were you able to call on anytime, when you wanted to ask a question about an item. I also think it would be very difficult to replicate the "feel" and "ambiance" of a store online

PS. Any chance you could take a look at my forum thread and give me an answer?
    "Views on Luxury fashion - 21-35 year old UK Males"

+ Reply to Thread