FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    I agree with your points, I most certainly wouldn't wear them in the summer - my choice would be a suede desert boot/loafer. I'm just wondering if the navy would go well with blue/black jeans or whether it would be a bad contrast.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex James Hardy View Post
    I'm just wondering if the navy would go well with blue/black jeans or whether it would be a bad contrast.
    They'd probably work just fine. If you want to wear it with black jeans, navy might actually work better than tan. Try to find some lookbooks/street style pics to test your idea.

I don't think it would be a "bad" contrast, I just prefer jeans and tan brogue contrast. I also prefer tan brogues as they feel more timeless. But that's all down to personal taste. In the end, your opinion is the only one that should matter when you decide what to get.

Trend Setter
    I really have developed a soft spot for the Loakes posted by Pin Money, but the leather ones are hideous! I love the look of the suede ones; but is it a good idea to invest? I know summer is coming and suede would be a brilliant alternative to canvas; but British weather is unpredictable and ruining a pair of Loakes... Saying that I could buy suede protector. Should I consider? Or look somewhere else? At the moment it's sort of 50/50.

+ Reply to Thread