FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Cotton Polo Shirts - Where's Best?

As above, I'm after a basic cotton polo shirt, but wanted opinions on where is best to get them from.

I've had ones from H&M in the past, and haven't been particuarly impressed with them, so all suggestions are welcome.

For something like this, I don't want to spend much more than say 20.

You can get Pierre Cardin cotton polos in Sports Direct for 6 if you're really on a budget.

I got a few as 'spares' and the quality is fine but he fit is a bit boxier than they make it look on their website so go in and try them on. I'm pretty slight so you might find they fit you ok
    Last edited by Undisclosed; 03-05-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Fashionisto
    At this budget... I'll say that the Asos polos are quiet good. I purchased some and they kept their original shape pretty good until now.
    Just take in consideration that you should order one size up then your regular size... (their polos have a smaller fit).

I don't want to sound contrarian but I've found the opposite to be true, but then again as mentioned I am of a slight build. Shrinkage is always an issue with cotton polos.

If you can be bothered doing a bit of digging TK Maxx is always a good shout in my book.

Fashionisto
    Thanks gents. Will have a browse in TK Maxx when I pop in to town this weekend.

I HATE the place as a shop, but always pick up some fantastic bargains - Kurt Geiger shoes for 19.99 anyone?

It's a crap shopping experience but there are bargains to be had. Go in on a weekday and befriend the staff; they'll tell you when the good stuff's coming in.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Undisclosed View Post
    I don't want to sound contrarian but I've found the opposite to be true, but then again as mentioned I am of a slight build. Shrinkage is always an issue with cotton polos.

If you can be bothered doing a bit of digging TK Maxx is always a good shout in my book.
    Well that's true... there's always a Shrinking problems with cotton. That's the reason that getting one size up with the Asos polos worked well for me: after washing them one time, they arrived to the actual size...

Trend Setter
    In that case I might have to return mine when it arrives. I ordered an ASOS polo shirt in my actual size but didn't factor for any shrinkage. (Although I do own a Fred Perry polo in my size which hasn't shrunk at all-better quality materials maybe?)

Fashionisto
    It probably depends on the cotton type and quality, I don't know really... Anyway, this shrinking happened to me with my 2 Asos polo shirts...

Check out Cotton Traders website, may not be uber cool but great quality for the money. I have had a couple of their polo's which i wear under cardigans and jumpers.
    They wash great and keep their shape much better than some of the more expensive one's i have.

+ Reply to Thread