FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Style Icon
    Suede shoes in clubs are a baaaaad move, I'd probably even avoid in posher clubs. Dirty floors + people stepping on your feet = trashed shoes.
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Trend Setter
    Think it depends on where you are. Somewhere like Central London you need to dress your best. Same with cocktail bars and wine bars. Anywhere upmarket tends to attract well-dressed men with money so you need to compete. If you go out on a normal Friday night of bars and clubs in a normal British city however it's pointless. If you can get away with it jeans, a print t-shirt and some trainers is best and most comfortable. If you have shoes always wear leather, preferably with a winter or rubber sole cos it's gonna get wet and slippy by the end of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Think it depends on where you are. Somewhere like Central London you need to dress your best. Same with cocktail bars and wine bars. Anywhere upmarket tends to attract well-dressed men with money so you need to compete. If you go out on a normal Friday night of bars and clubs in a normal British city however it's pointless. If you can get away with it jeans, a print t-shirt and some trainers is best and most comfortable. If you have shoes always wear leather, preferably with a winter or rubber sole cos it's gonna get wet and slippy by the end of the night.
    Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Shoes/outfit inspiration for upmarket central London clubs. I want to try and dress up a bit but without breaking the bank (i only go to these places because I can get free drinks from my promotor friends). What shoes would look smart but not too formal and be good for central london/mayfair type clubs? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
    Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Shoes/outfit inspiration for upmarket central London clubs. I want to try and dress up a bit but without breaking the bank (i only go to these places because I can get free drinks from my promotor friends). What shoes would look smart but not too formal and be good for central london/mayfair type clubs? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    What about tan brogues but with a slightly thicker sole than usual (for the grip) with slim fit dark green chinos and a plain white oxford shirt? Maybe a block coloured cotton jumper over the top if need-be. I find that simplicity is best at night if everything fits perfectly. Usually people think items cost far more than they actually do if they fit your body perfectly. Usually best to avoid looking too poor in upmarket places I once spent half an hour trying to convince people my Gap blazer that cost 30 from the outlet shop wasn't some sort of Italian designer one for that reason. All about fit and details.

+ Reply to Thread