FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Backpack for university

I will be needing a new backpack for university and I've narrowed down to 2 choices...

1. Herschel Little America
    Little America Backpack | Shop | Herschel Supply Co.
    My main concern about this is that it might be too long for me. I am about 1.67m, with quite a stocky build as I've been working out. The mid-volume seems to be too small for me on the other hand. I don't have access to any physical stores that stocks Herschel products in my area, so I'll be ordering online.

2. Herschel Pop Quiz
    Pop Quiz Backpack | Shop | Herschel Supply Co.
    I feel that this sort of design is abit too common, but this backpack suits my needs well.

Trend Setter
    Agreed on the second one being common. I'd forget size and go for whatever one you like best. If you want to stand out though I would get the furst one. Hope that helps.

J8x

Trend Setter
    I'm using a Little Am at the moment and I really like mine. The large opening is handy and it's a good size for what I need but I do understand your concerns as it is pretty large. If you are unsure then Herschel do have a good range so you should be able to find something that fits you a bit better if you want something smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by J8x View Post
    I'm using a Little Am at the moment and I really like mine. The large opening is handy and it's a good size for what I need but I do understand your concerns as it is pretty large. If you are unsure then Herschel do have a good range so you should be able to find something that fits you a bit better if you want something smaller.
    Don't mind me asking, but how tall are you?

J8x

Trend Setter
    About 5'10 - 5'11. I get compliments about it and have also had friends ask why I'm wearing a jetpack ha. I think you could rock it, but if you are worried about looking like a school kid or something then maybe the Survey might be more suitable. Or if you can deal with a smaller size then you can get ones with nice prints and different panel styles now (paisley, stripes etc.) so you wouldn't have to worry about it being common.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex James Hardy View Post
    Agreed on the second one being common. I'd forget size and go for whatever one you like best. If you want to stand out though I would get the furst one. Hope that helps.
    I agree as well. Both seem functional and stylish, but the second is a little more subtle. In all honesty, I'd almost make the decision based on how many books you typically carry around at school (will the second be too small? the first too large?)...

Get the bigger one imo, more space is always an advantage. Then you could use it for festivals / long weekends away etc

I've decided to go with the Little America, in navy of course.
    Thanks for all the input guys!

They stock these in Urban Outfitters if you can get to one and want to see them. I was looking at the first one but decided it wasn't big enough for me (I'm 6'1").

It might not be fashionable enough for this board, but I want a Goruck they're just too pricey.

+ Reply to Thread