FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Color Lace

Do you like the new trend with color lace ?
    I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Trend Setter
    It can work. That picture however, is an example of where it doesn't work. Where in fact I find it plain wrong. I've seen excellent executions with suede desert boots, suede brogues, plimsolls and trainers. On polished leather shoes though, no... Definitely not!

I doubt I'll embrace the trend myself, other than maybe try it out on my plimsolls. Perhaps try red laces on my blue pair. But probably not.

Fashionisto
    As above really, it can work, but absolutely does not in that example picture.

Where does one obtain color laces from? I'm after some red ones for my desert boots, but can't seem to find ones thin enough.

Where do we get color laces. I can use some grey and light brown for my topsiders which i normally wear with jeans.

That pic is beyond vile

Trend Setter
    Agreed. The shape is messed up.

Stolen riches

I have an online store and I'm looking to retail color lace but I was not sure about the real potentiel. That's why I asked.

As I don't have it in store now I'll recommend to go on Stolen Riches website, they probably have red one.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Randall View Post
    As above really, it can work, but absolutely does not in that example picture.

Where does one obtain color laces from? I'm after some red ones for my desert boots, but can't seem to find ones thin enough.

Fashionisto
    Hi guys, the coloured laces trend has piqued my interest lately so I thought I would resurrect this thread to see how many of you have given this a go and what the results have been like. What combo's have you gone with and do you try and match the laces with another item of clothing you are wearing or go completely different for effect? Keen for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyg View Post
    Hi guys, the coloured laces trend has piqued my interest lately so I thought I would resurrect this thread to see how many of you have given this a go and what the results have been like. What combo's have you gone with and do you try and match the laces with another item of clothing you are wearing or go completely different for effect? Keen for your thoughts.
    Hi.

I've recently replaced the black laces on a pair of black combat styled boots with mid grey laces. I think this gives the boots a bit more edge. I'm usually dressed in all black, (boots, jeans, (t)-shirt, and leather jacket) but sometimes I throw grey into the mix to break it up a bit and I feel that the grey laces works well with the grey in my t-shirt/shirt. Most of the time I'm dressed as a "rocker", (I'm a long haired rock/metal guy) so I feel I can get away with it.

While punks, skinheads and freaks have used colored laces on their boots for years I think it can work when sporting dressy shoes and a suit. As long as you carefully match it to the outfit color wise as you do with your tie, shirt and pocket square. Personally I'd keep the lace color fairly muted though, so it doesn't scream out for attention like the picture above. A pair of laces doesn't cost a fortune and it's not a permanent change to the shoes/boots, so trying it out doesn't require much effort.

+ Reply to Thread