FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Sunglasses woes

So after reading Will's guide to sunglasses, I'm looking to invest around 100 on these. However I can't find that magical pair.

My face type is a mix of square/round but without sounding too self-loathing I also have a big face, so I need big glasses or at least wide frames.

I just bought some Ray Ban Wayfarers (Icon, tortoise shell) today, but they're just not me. I just can't see myself in these (no pun intended), so I'm taking them back.

These are a pair from DKNY a few seasons back, but I can't find them anyway, anything similar and I love to try them.

DKNY Tortoise Acetate Aviators

However if anyone has any input that would be great, I'm a bit of a novice for sunglasses shopping as I don't even need glasses so I've no experience with frames. From a personal preference I'm looking for something halfway between classic aviators and wayfarers, (basically those DKNY ones).

Just head to sunglasses hut or whatevs, they are bound to have something similar.

That is quite a common style of sunnies so shouldn't be hard to track down.

Trend Setter
    Is tortoise shell the sort of frame colour that's timeless? Do you think I could wear that style in 3 years and it will still be ok to wear?

Fashionisto
    Absolutely. Tortoise shell will always be one of those things that never goes out of fashion in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by adamski123 View Post
    Is tortoise shell the sort of frame colour that's timeless? Do you think I could wear that style in 3 years and it will still be ok to wear?
    Oh hell yeah

Trend Setter
    Cool thanks guys, do we know of any reputable shops for sunglasses online? I've found some that I want to order.

Trend Setter
    Amazon is a great shout. After lots of looking, I recently settled on some Armani sunglasses that I saw in the Sunglass Hut. They were 185 in there and the same ones were 108 on Amazon. They were supplied by an Italian company called United Shades who are very reputable and offer a full refund if you aren't happy (plus you have the protection of buying through Amazon). The sunglasses arrived within 7 days of ordering them which is pretty good going considering they were coming from Italy.

Trend Setter
    I've narrowed it down to these, they were the pair I also Aramani and also found in Sunglasses Hut, which I thought 153 was to expensive. Narrowed it down to these 2 colour-wise, I've blonde hair and pale natural complexion which one is more preferable? Obviously it's individual taste, but I'm just putting it out there to see if I've forgotten anything while considering.

The ones on the right are nicer imo

+ Reply to Thread