FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Shirt, Tie, pocket square for Navy suit at wedding

...is what i'm looking for.

Would like something a bit different from the norm but not outrageous. I'm tall and skinny if that helps.

I like the look of burgundy tie/square and white shirt but doesn't seem very imaginative and a bit too office.

Thanks x

THM

Fashionisto
    As it happens, I'm wearing a navy suit to a wedding this weekend. I'm planning on wearing it with a blue oxford cotton shirt and this tie:

Finished off with brown brogues, brown belt and probably a light blue pocket square. So, some smart items but in more casual fabrics and finishes.

Trend Setter
    Gingham check shirt is what you need. It adds a nice contrast; a knitted tie for texture (perhaps in burgundy or burnt orange or ven one matching a colour of the shirt) and I don't think you can go wrong with a nice white linen pocket sqaure to top it all off.

Fashionisto
    I went to a wedding up in Scotland this weekend and wore a navy suit.

Went for a white shirt with a navy knitted tie, then had a tartan pocket handkerchief. My aim was to draw attention to the tartan, hence going for a tie in the same colour as the suit.

Worked really well I thought. Had some red socks on too to add a bit more colour to the outfit.

I went for white shirt, bottle green tie and white pocket square. Also a light blue shirt looks very classic and can be worn with almost any colour.

+ Reply to Thread