FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    Until I realized it was all of them who were underdressed.
    I second that. It was surprising to me to realize how many of my friends/coworkers didn't pay any attention to their clothes. At the same time, I started to notice a few who really did know what they were doing. It makes a difference!

One more piece of advice to Richert: start spending some time at shops and trying on clothes. Especially refraining from buying anything. It's there where you'll really develop your eye for fit and matching, in my experience, and if you buy something every time you're going to be less likely to go often (unless you're fabulously wealthy).

Thanks a lot for the advice. From July some salew will begin in my local shops so I will start going in and trying clothes until I decide the best. I will concider not buying patterns but more basic things at first and slowly make my way up in getting more!

You guys helped a lot, I will surely keep an eye out to see people around me, myself in the mirror and see if I can evolve!

Changing or . . . Docs?

To respond to the original poster, I can't believe nobody mentioned Doc Martens. They are designed for durability and they have some dressier or smart-casual styles. It does sound like your best option, though, is to change once you're at work.

+ Reply to Thread