FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Packing for a week in Croatia

Am off to Croatia for a week on Saturday. Mainly a beach holiday with a little site seeing. Am planning to take a range of chinos shorts, seersucker shorts, at least one pair of lightweight chinos, a linen and a madras shirt, smart and casual polo's, boat shoes and espadrilles (for the beach). Was also going to take a pair of suede loafers and a linen blazer, is that overkill?

Trend Setter
    I went to Croatia for a week once, and believe it or not it started hailing on the first day. :P Personally I would ditch: the seersucker shorts, espadrilles and one of the polo shirts. You're going for a week, and I think that 3 pairs of shoes, multiple shorts and numerous polo shirts is a bit excessive. Why not pack some tee-shirts instead?

Trend Setter
    I think I have a tendency to over pack, but also was supposed to be going for two weeks originally , however, due to some incredibly annoying circumstances will be halving the length of my holiday, at great irritation and expense to myself. This may be a factor in this instance of over packing, I am in denial about the length of my time away!

The seersucker shorts were for the beach. The chino shorts were for elsewhere, but I can lose a pair. The chinos were for dinner in the evenings. I generally do not wear T-shirts, but can swap two polo's for a l/s Breton T perhaps? The espadrilles were for the beach, but you are right, I can prob ditch them.

Trend Setter
    In honesty, it's your decision on what you choose to take, and what you choose to ditch; but I do think that you've overpacked slightly The Breton Tee is a good idea, fits in well with the boat shoes and chinos quite well too

+ Reply to Thread