FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Opinions on this suit

I'm interested in opinions on this suit. I can't work out if it is nice or clownish? I'm 5'6" and am worried those lapels would make me look shorter. Also, where would it be appropriate to wear a peak lapelled pin stripe suit?

Fashionisto
    I don't mind the colour but I'm really not a fan of pintripe suits (personal preference of course)

And I don't like the lapels.

Nat

Style Icon
    If I'm honest, it looks a bit dated. Just not sure how you would make it work.

Trend Setter
    Fair enough comments. I've not bought it. It's Suit Supply from last season. Bit of a fleeting eBay temptation. I'll stick to the fit and style I like from them though (Copenhagen), which I have been pretty pleased with. Tuis one is their Washington range. I think it would be hard to incoporate this into my wardrobe/lifestyle. Interesting comments about it looking dated. Is that because of the lapel? I'm seeing more and more of this style of lapel in some places, and SS have been keen to push it in two of their ranges. I prefer a slim lapel if I am going peaked.

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah you are seeing a lot more big peak lapels around atm. Pics from Pitti confirm that. I think it's the combo of that with the fabric/pinstripe though

Trend Setter
    I like the lapel size, not a fan of pin stripe.

Google suit supply Washington fit for a good demo of how a slim fit with a peaked lapel can really work.

+ Reply to Thread