FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Top 5 Affordable Good Quality Brands/Shops?

Hi everyone!
    Im new to the forums so I'm not too sure how this will work out... But I am currently 'restyling' my wardrobe and Id like to know everyone's opinions on this question!
    What are the top 5 brands or shops that sell great quality clothing that lasts long but is also affordable (Affordable as in nothing over 30 for a tshirt etc) in your opinion?
    Do Topman, Asos, Tommy Hilfiger, All Saints, Debenhams, Fred Perry sell good quality clothing or arw they just popular high street brands that I have been following the 'crowd' with?
    Thanks!

Fashionisto
    I'm not sure I would class Tommy Hilfiger and Fred Perry as highstreet. I would put those in the "designer" category.

Topman, H&M, Burton, Zara, Uniqlo all highstreet do some decent stuff and you will be able to buy the items you have suggested for a good price.

Top end of the highstreet would be the likes of AllSaints and Reiss, they sell some really good quality clothes.

Online, ASOS is great for some bargains.

Also try H.E.BY MANGO. Have spent quite a bit there recently and really like the quality and the fit.

You have quite a few options!!!

Fashionisto
    I have a check shirt from lowly Primark, quality is not the best you'll ever see and I'm sure it'll not last me for years but for 8, what does one expect? Fit of that particular shirt is great, though with Primark it seems very much hit and miss as other shirts in the same size have fitted me like a tent.

Fashionisto
    - AllSaints and Fred Perry sell good quality clothing, but I'm not exactly sure if we should categorize them as "affordable". I do wear a lot of AllSaints, but rarely buy unless items are on sale. Regular shirts are over 100 pounds (even more in USD), so they're definitely not THAT affordable. The same about Reiss. But then, the quality these brands offer are good so if you grab them on sale, all the better.

- Agree with the comment above that Topman, Zara, ASOS, Uniqlo offer decent quality and cheaper prices. Among those, I always go for Uniqlo for the designs and quality.

- Tommy Hilfiger is not high street but classic American sportswear. Good quality, prices are medium.

- Back when I was still in the States, Club Monaco & J Crew were my favorites. Good quality, good prices. Not sure if they operate in the UK though (I heard Club Monaco will be expanding. J Crew is already there?)

The Confused Dasher: The musings of a menswear fashion enthusiast

Thanks everyone!
    Fortunately in my area we have a designer outlet (All of the big brands for very cheap prices, 100% authentic). The prices are great, Tommy Hilfiger shirts for 25 and Fred Perry polo's for around 15 but they're last seasons clothing but you can't complain for prices like that!
    I'll be looking at these websites today, hopefully I'll find a fur hooded coat that attracts my eye but we'll see! Anyone know anywhere to get a nice fur hooded coat?

Fashionisto
    Next have always been very good and affordable.

+ Reply to Thread