FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 Last

Fashionisto
    another thumbs up for uniqlo slim fit oxfords, received 2 yesterday, very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernSoul View Post
    If you buy a slim fitting shirt and it still needs taking in around the chest or shortening the arms, taking it to a tailor would improve the silhouette as the shirt does not fit you 100%. It would only look out of place if you decide to wear an ill fitting shirt
    Yes you are quite right Northern Soul, but what I was really referring to was the waist. Since the waist is technically already taken in, would any more work on it distort the shape of the shirt?

(ps: i have a ridiculously slim waist)

Fashionisto
    If you have a slim waist, you can always get the shirt tapered in or your tailor can add darts to give it a more fitted silhouette. I've had both of these done to various shirts. I prefer to wear shirts tucked in so if your intention is to wear them untucked, I'm not sure how it would look. However a good tailor will give you sound advice, as its pretty much down to personal taste.

Hi! I'm new here
    I'm Marco from Italy
    I usually wear size S with uniqlo clothes, now I want to buy 2/3 shirts in oxford
    I think that the size S for regular fitting oxford shirts wear ok for me, with the slim fit oxford shirt... I buy the same size? I see the fitting guide but I prefer a real opinion

thanks to anyone who responds

Trend Setter
    Uniqlo just announced at the start of week that they just started shipping to Ireland ... Yeeeeeey... 2 slim fits off white and pink being ordered in L, praying for a good fit

hey, someone bought a slim fit oxford shirt?
    same size as the normal fitting shirt or different?

thanks!
    marco

J8x

Trend Setter
    I have bought flannel shirts and slim fit oxfords and the flannel, being a casual shirt is a tighter fit. Can't compare to the regular oxfords or dress shirts though. If you wear a small in most uniqlo then a small should be the right size.

Trend Setter
    I bought the Uniqlo slim fit in size large, nice shirt and very reasonable but I would have preferred if it had of been a bit slimmer fitting. Fits more like a regular oxford shirt for me not a slim fit

thanks! both of you

@Jonard: do you usually wear a size L in uniqlo shirt?
    I ask that because there is a different size chart for the slim fit oxford shirt than the other stuff

Fashionisto
    ASOS mediums are too small and the large too big in their slim oxford shirts. But a size Medium in Uniqlo in their slim shirts fit me superbly. 15 as well!

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 Last