FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

sports watch with a suit?

I googled this issue and the opinions are divided. What do you guys think? Can you where a diver's watch with metal bracelet with a suit?

Fashionisto
    Where are you wearing the suit? I can't see any issues here. I think this would look more modern.

Trend Setter
    To a wedding. Probably won't wear it. I gather traditionalists consider it not done. I think I just won't wear a watch as I don't own one with leather straps.
    Not that I don't ever break rules, but in this case I'm leaning towards tradition.
    Last edited by sam1234; 28-08-2013 at 11:50 AM.

That watch is not sporty at all. I thought you were talking about G-shock stuffs. There is no problem wearing those kinds of watches with suit. Nobody will scrutinize your watch carefully and say it doesn't match with your suit.

Fashionisto
    I would whole heartedly say go for it.

Watch looks fine, infact the combination is perfect !

J8x

Trend Setter
    As much as I love sports watches and am not the biggest fan of leather straps, I'm going to go with the grain here and stick with tradition. Sports watches with suits remind me of badly dressed guys at the races too much, think a nice leather number would be better or leave it off. I can see it working easily, as plenty of people do it now, but personally think a good brown leather strap looks a lot cleaner with tailoring.

Fashionisto
    James Bond did it!

Trend Setter
    J8x, I'm going to take your advice and not wear the watch (it's not the one in the pic, but similar).
    I don't own one with a black leather strap, so I'll just go without a watch. Did put a classic watch with leather strap on my growing wish list.

Trend Setter
    O and Campbell, James Bond actually may need a diving watch when he's at a swanky party, because he may go scuba diving in between martinis. And maybe take out a couple of submarines by shooting torpedos out of his watch, while he's at it. Sadly my life is not equally exciting.
    Last edited by sam1234; 28-08-2013 at 11:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread