FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Slim Smart Chino's

Hi, new to the forum.

Just read this article - Men's Fashion Basics - Part 83.

Men’s Fashion Basics – Part 83 – Chino Styles | FashionBeans

I particularly found the part about smart chino's interesting. I am looking for a pair to buy but have no where near the budget for some of the examples of this style.

The writer mentions that casual chino's are very low in price (i see them for around 20) and that you should expect to pay more for smarter chino's, the examples provided are all upwards of 200-250.
    /
    There must be some middle ground here, anyone know of any good quality slim, smart chino's for between 20 to 100? Or the stores you might expect to find these?

Thanks

Fashionisto
    HE by Mango have some nice ones for around 50 - check them out. Just be aware that, like everything in their online store, what you get is quite a few shades darker than it appears on screen.

Nat

Style Icon
    See here

Chinos for work?

Trend Setter
    thanks chaps, found quite a few!

Fashionisto
    For work you can't go wrong with these... Casual Trousers | Trousers & Shorts | Mens Clothing | Next Official Site - Page 1

I have them in several different colours. I normally go for slim fit.

For 20 they last OK ish. 6 months or so and they start to look tired.

Trend Setter
    i've bought a lot of stuff from next over the years, and i like a lot of their stuff but i was looking for something a bit smarter. a key point the writer made in the article above was that smarter chino's lose the visible stitching on the inside and outside leg. i'm inclined to agree with that statement.

a lot of the next and H.E chino's have the stitching visible.

Just bought some today, 35 from topman. They are called ultra skinny trousers on the website, really good fit

Fashionisto
    Also, Uniqlo chinos are really good - I have a couple of pairs of the 'vintage' ones and they're slim but not skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Yattix View Post
    Also, Uniqlo chinos are really good - I have a couple of pairs of the 'vintage' ones and they're slim but not skinny.
    whats the fit like of the uniqlo chinos? Are they low rise?

Trend Setter
    I bought some from Massimo Dutti, and I think you'll find exactly what you're looking for on there.

Uniqlo ones are really nice too for the price, I got the flat front trousers (straight fit) in Olive recently by far the best quality I've bought in that price range.

Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread