FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Help a guy out....

Gents,

Big night out coming up and will end up with a couple of mates in a few (trendy - can i use that word?) bars and no doubt finish the night in a club although not with the purpose of dancing.

So, what does a professional guy of 33 wear on a night out?
    The dilemma...

Dark or black jeans with printed t-shirt, leather jacket, black boots or black trainers
    Dark grey tweed blazer (big fan of Holland Esquire), red shirt, dark blue jeans and brogue boots.
    Light grey/blue hunting jacket (H.E again), light blue shirt, woolen tie (loosely fitted),dark chinos, brogue boots.

I guess the majority of those out in a club will be in their 20s and perhaps the blazer looks is over dressed.
    My aim is not to dress and look younger/blend in but I don't want to look like someones Dad

67 views and no replies....guess I'm the only over 30

Fashionisto
    On the negatives, I wouldn't go to a club wearing a tweed blazer. Hot, messy. Unless it's a really nice club maybe, I've never been to one of them lol. I think other than that, your ideas are good.

Black trainers wouldn't be my thing, but I rarely wear black.

Brouges haven't ever really steered me wrong when paired with the correct items.

FashionBeans Staff
    agreed with above, tweed blazer will be a mistake, no matter how cold it is outside. I've always found the idea of a tie in a club a bit weird, so to the idea of a blazer. I would go number one but use a plain tee rather than a print one, trainers or boots is up to you; are they worker boots? if they are, tie them to the top and have your jeans rolled up for a more rockabilly touch.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    bars and no doubt finish the night in a club although not with the purpose of dancing.
    I take it that you mean a strip club then.

Well if you want to dress a little younger then stick well away from the tweed (too hot) and the printer tee/leather jacket (too young). Someone of your age/maturity should really be seen in dark denim jeans, light blue/white shirt (top two buttons undone) and a pair of smart shoes (brogues, oxfords etc - or possibly boots). Keep it quite simply/refined and accessories lightly with a decent watch and simply leather bracelet.

Fashionisto
    Yeah I agree with the others, I wouldn't wear a blazer for this type of night out, go for something less formal.

Fashionisto
    Does anyone else who dresses business/smart casual for work find dressing for nights out difficult? More dressed up than during the week i.e. suit is too formal yet more dressed down than during the week = too informal/under dressed.

+ Reply to Thread