FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Banned
    Well I can tell from your watches that you don't give a fuck about looking shit. Love it when you have someone who knows nothing about watches bragging about how they have a 'good' watch and how expensive it was when in reality it's a shitty 200 quartz number. What was particularly funny about the comment that made you laugh? Seems to me that you are very foolish, a bit simple, and know fuck all about watches.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    Well I can tell from your watches that you don't give a fuck about looking shit. Love it when you have someone who knows nothing about watches bragging about how they have a 'good' watch and how expensive it was when in reality it's a shitty 200 quartz number. What was particularly funny about the comment that made you laugh? Seems to me that you are very foolish, a bit simple, and know fuck all about watches.
    Your reply misses the point though, he is correct when he says you simply cannot tell anything about a persons watch, because 2 totally different people can wear the same watch, one can be an idiot and the other can be an amazing person.

Also what happens if someone didn't like your watch, would that mean they were correct in thinking you don't care how you look?

Everyone is individual, you might even see a more positive side to the human race if you looked beyond what they wore on their wrist!

Banned
    Yes I am aware that two people can have the same watch and be totally different. I didn't mean you can tell anything about them as people but in their taste and style. I didn't think I would need to point that out as this is a fashion forum so I thought people would be intelligent enough to understand......

You don't have to like a watch to appreciate it. If you see someone wearing a nice watch it shows that they appreciate the finer things in life. If your not into watches it's no big deal, but for those that are then they will understand perfectly what I meant.

Fashionisto
    Gentmen please. Interesting points but not worth a slanging match.

I've got two watches in regular use and they come from either end of the watch spectrum.
    One is a Casio F21W which is light. cheap, tough and keeps perfect time.
    The other is an expensive Swiss "pilot's" watch.

I am the same man regardless of which I am wearing so anyone who judges me by my watch might make a mistake.

However I think an expensive watch does give some visual clues to those who might notice such things. Like cars. In these days of cheap credit though, what's that worth?

According to the gossip most people in my village know me for running and having an unusual and cute dog (Bolognese).
    Let's hope that in time, and with your help, I'll be known for being more stylish!
    Last edited by AndyWatson; 26-01-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I've always worn a watch since the time my dad got me my first watch when I was about ten. It was a wind-up one.. if we were told to be home at a certain time and were late back, I would blame the watch - "I forgot to wind it up".

I'm old enough to remember the original Casio digital watches when they came out first and had a couple of them... it was high-tech stuff back then, especially the ones with the built-in calculators!

The next "big thing" after them were Swatch watches... there was a mad craze for them for a number of years.

My current watch is this one..

.. my missus bought it for me a few months after we first met for my birthday. That was ten years ago, so even though it's nothing amazing in watch terms or value, it means a lot to me and I went to a lot of trouble two years ago to get a replacement strap for it.

I also own this watch which I should probably sell as I've only ever worn it once or twice...

This made me laugh!

This didn't....

The only thing you can truly tell about a man by the watch he wears, is what watch he owns. If you think any more than this, then you are very foolish.

I really really love your current watch, a very simple classic and elegant watch! Digital watch is aesthetically different from mechanical watches. It's interesting to see how digital watch, eg. Casio or Swatch, became popular and a fashion statement in history.

Yes I am aware that two people can have the same watch and be totally different. I didn't mean you can tell anything about them as people but in their taste and style. I didn't think I would need to point that out as this is a fashion forum so I thought people would be intelligent enough to understand......

You don't have to like a watch to appreciate it. If you see someone wearing a nice watch it shows that they appreciate the finer things in life. If your not into watches it's no big deal, but for those that are then they will understand perfectly what I meant.
    I totally understand that you means a nice watch shows one's taste, that's absolutely right, just like other parts of fashion, clothing, bags, shoes, etc. The way you present to the world shows who you are.

I'm guessing the watch you own in some way signifies that you are a massive bellend? Which type of watch is that, just so I know what to look out for?

You get angry easily.

No actually my watch doesn't signify that, just my overall behaviour would give that away but judging by the photos you've been posting, you look a much bigger bellend as you so eloquently put it, than me so you have no need to worry about which watch you wear.

Yeah I've heard that before.
    Haha nice one, I'm so scathed by your brilliant put down.

Bye!
    Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 26-01-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mimiZang View Post
    I totally understand that you means a nice watch shows one's taste, that's absolutely right, just like other parts of fashion, clothing, bags, shoes, etc. The way you present to the world shows who you are.
    And that is the point, anyone who's peacocking about any part of their life isn't a nice person. To me, the definition of a stylish person is one who can appreciate life, rather be led by material possessions.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by bydandie View Post
    And that is the point, anyone who's peacocking about any part of their life isn't a nice person. To me, the definition of a stylish person is one who can appreciate life, rather be led by material possessions.
    The way I see it is;

One can like and appreciate material possessions, and invest money in to those possessions.
    But... You must understand they are just possessions. They are just objects.
    And the things that should matter most in life are the people you love.
    There is nothing wrong with liking nice things, as long as you understand they really are just objects that fill the space as you travel through life.

But as long as you have to have objects, you might as well have good ones

+ Reply to Thread