FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last

Do men still wear a wristwatch nowadays?

I met a Swedish friend saying that he is the only one in his community that wear a wristwatch. He uses it only for the design and match different outfits not for time telling. Maybe smart phones work for many functions for us now, so a watch seems less useful than before. But I still believe that for some men, maybe fashion oriented, a wristwatch is something nice to wear as a fashion accessory. Of course, high end time pieces still have their market, but I am talking about common people. What is your case? Do you wear a watch or think it is an out-dated thing?

Wear a watch daily for style and function

Phone has the time on it but you have to get it out of your pocket

Style Icon
    I wear a watch most days*, got a few vintage models. It's mainly for style rather than function but is still quicker to glance at a wristwatch than fumble in your pocket for a phone.

*Although when on the wards it's bare-below-the-elbows so I wear a nurse's watch. Being me thought it's still a vintage mechanical one...
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Yes. People will always wear wrist watches.

Trend Setter
    Yes and just bought myself a new one.
    I think a good timepiece is an investment. I go more for the quality of the watch rather than overall design.

IMO all men should always be wearing watches, either for function or style. I have about 5 watches and they are each used to complement my various outfits, so it's more of a fashion accessory for me. Have to admit though, I would always check the time using my phone even when I'm wearing a watch.

My watches always receive the most compliments out of all my clothing pieces and accessories, from both men and women.

Trend Setter
    Yep, I almost always wear a watch. I didn't for nearly a decade but now I feel lost without one. I'm actually in the process of trying to find something of an heirloom watch - something nice I can pass on. Easier said than done - I'm more than happy wearing my cheap hipster Casio watches most of the time. If they get scratched up or the battery dies a new one is cheaper than a repair.

Trend Setter
    I own three watches, but use them very rarely, and usually more for added style than for time telling.

Nat

Style Icon
    Wear one of mine every day and use it for style and function. Important part of a man's wardrobe.

Banned
    A wristwatch is essential in my opinion, both for practicality and style. I think you can tell a lot about a man by the watch he wears. Also when your at anything that's a bit more formal it's just rude to keep fumbling about in your pocket for a phone. I think every man who's interested in their appearance should have a nice watch as it just compliments good style. Nothing worse than a man who knows how to dress well but wears a shockingly bad watch. Well, maybe a man with no style AND a shit watch! Lol.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last