FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    J8x

Trend Setter

Mens Jewellery

I'm looking for a few pieces of jewellery to add a bit of individuality but haven't really found any pieces which I especially like. I'm looking for some earrings, necklaces and bracelets. I have a penchant for wooden and vintage style pieces but I'm open for any ideas. Everyone seems to have a tunnel or an expander at the moment so I want to steer clear of that. Seen some ear cuffs recently and think they could be a good idea but the ones I've seen are a bit garish. So I was just wondering where everyone else looks for some good jewellery pieces.

Style Icon
    Recently got rid of my 8mm tunnel for the reasons you described.
    I'm thinking of getting another ear piercing in my tragus or a high lobe or cartilage piercing. I think a plain stud in a different place can sometimes make more of a statement than something fancy in your lobe.

J8x

Trend Setter
    Yeah I have a couple of piercings but never wanted to make the commitment to a stretcher for fear of the massive hole it would leave in my ear. I have been considering an industrial/scaffold piercing recently but not sure whether it could potentially do more harm than it's worth. I think that's the reason I have been looking for more kitsch style jewellery recently as I'd like to stand out and have statement pieces without having the permanence of a new piercing. I have recently resorted to even looking at womens jewellery as the range is so huge there are some pieces that I think could work. I'm just a bit stumped recently as to where to look.

Style Icon
    I was very lucky with my stretch, healed down to a tiny hole in a matter of days. Some aren't so lucky and my friend is having is sewn up at great expense.

I did a similar thread like this a while ago, someone suggested a dangly earring, which could work if you're going for the "dandy gentleman" sort of look. I don't think I could quite pull one off but maybe you could?

How would you describe your style in general?

J8x

Trend Setter
    Mainly casual, mix of classic style, current trends with a bit of streetwear influence.

i think hemp bracelets and shark tooth necklaces are hot

+ Reply to Thread