FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

The Woes of Having a Round Face Shape & Effects on Looks

This is just a little pet annoyance i have about my face tbh. I wouldn't change anything about myself apart from my face shape. I wouldn't be so bothered by it if i was ugly but i know i'm not ugly, in fact i'm quite good looking but its just that little imperfection which ruins the whole picture so to speak. This may sound very insecure/self critical but i am not afraid to admit i have insecurities tbh. It's not like my face is flabby its just naturally round which is pretty bad tbh.

How would you view this insecurity? And am i posting this in the wrong forum lol?

Not a big deal, if you are happy in yourself then don't worry about it. No-one is "perfect".

Jay

Style Icon
    Yeah, don't worry about it. There's nothing wrong with having a big fat pumpkin face.

Jay

Style Icon
    You can always disguise the pumpkin head by wearing a tall hat like...

or for Halloween...

lol

In all seriousness, a hairstyle with a bit of height would help.

Sam

Style Icon
    Some gigglesome responses!
    I have to say that if by your own admission you're "good looking" then don't worry about coming off as insecure, no danger there
    But if it's a concern, you can beef up your jawline with some stubble, or a light beard. If your face is short, a wide brimmed hat can balance you out. Also, creating a V in the torso area is a lot of use for you, so vee neck tees and peak lapels are things you should consider; similarly, might want to avoid roll neck jumpers and rounded off shirt collars.
    But hey, your face is your face, not a lot you can do about it. I'm dreadfully acne ridden, not a lot clothes can do to conceal that so I just pick up prescription remedies that don't quite work from my GP and get on with life! It's a cliche but you are who you are, we can't all have faces like male models. They'd just invent better looking male models!

+ Reply to Thread