FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Men's Light Wash Jeans For A/W - A Viable Option?

Thinking of buying quite a light pair of slim jeans for winter. Problems arose when i began doubting two things:
    1. The viability of wearing them to suit the whole mood of autumn and winter, short days and long nights etc. etc.
    2. What to wear with such jeans, for both style and warmth?

Jeans in mind were Cheap Monday | Cheap Monday Tight Dark Clean Jeans at ASOS

Jay

Style Icon
    I'm not a fan to be honest. They look a bit 'country and western' to these eyes.

If you're going light blue, go light blue:

Overly tight and the wash looks too fake. Cheap Monday sticking to its name.
    But In general, light blue jeans are always an option if you make it work, brightens up the mood.

Problem I find in the winter with is is pairing it with darker boots (boots due to snow and shocking weather)
    light blue jeans with black boots or brown looks looks crap imo.

Sam

Style Icon
    So get tan boots?
    Also, I reckon that tightness is personal preference.
    I think light wash jeans have a touch of vintage rock and roll about them, so pair them with dark denim jackets (although doesn't look as good as dark jeans/light jacket) and leather biker jackets is what I'd do personally.
    If you get light jeans wrong you'll look awful so be wary!

Fashionisto
    The reason for wanting to buy a pair of light jeans is just for variety. I feel i've had the same winter a few times; dark jeans, chunky knitwear and some dark boots/heavy shoes.

I'll go into the city centre soon, try some on and see what comes out of that. Seems to be the best option. If not, i'll aim to buy a pair of corduroys, that'll spice it up enough for me i think.

Thank you for the input, been great help

Sam

Style Icon
    Also, I agree with Jay; light wash jeans should look like a really faded indigo pair rather than a pair that are or were bright blue.

And whatever you do don't try and smarten up the look; these aren't dark wash jeans. There are few certainties in style or fashion but this is one of them, light wash jeans should be strictly casual wear.

+ Reply to Thread