FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Question OK... Here's The Problem

I'm headin out on sat night for a few beers with my mates & wifes mates & have f all to wear.
    prob be a pub and shitty club but i want to try & make an effort, which is something i never bother with
    not usually something i worry about, but i've got this 70's handle bar moustache for Movember & look like an ejitt
    something i'm quite good at....anyhow i'm looking to do a sort of Kings of Leon/rock look, any ideas.
    bar a brown belt & brown boots i'll be buying the rest...
    high st. too !!! there's a recession on & I've a wife & to girls to keep lol

any help is really really needed/appreciated.
    steve

Trend Setter
    How have you got a mo' after 3 days? haha

Sam

Style Icon
    Well I reckon a moustache rock look, KoL style, is in the hair and the attitude.
    There's loads and loads you could wear, of course. A jumper's a safe bet for most occasions, I'd pop into Allsaints and get one that's understated but interesting if you want a KoL style look.

The cable knit's a cool, on trend choice that gives your look real depth, but you might end up a bit hot.

The roll neck's another big trend and one that I'm totally on board with, but shorter guys and rounder faces should avoid it. Heavy knit ones like that look great with rugged jackets, smart or casual. Lapels do them wonders. Leather biker jackets and tweed hacking jackets are my favourite things to pair with them. If you're wearing them without a jacket and don't mind stretching the sleeves, rolling them up makes it much easier to pull off.

The Katro shawl neck I happen to own myself and I'd recommend it, it's a real failsafe piece for me. The double breasted closure is a cool but restrained statement and the knit isn't bad.
    Pair of dark jeans or stone chinos and you're away. Chinos are the smarter option, if that's important to you.

Incidentally if Allsaints is beyond your means, River Island do passable imitations, but be wary because River Island errs towards the boyband end (as opposed to the, I suppose, heritage end) of the Allsaints spectrum.

Hope that's some help, you asked a really open question!

Sam, open question but great answer, (esp as i've no sence of fashion....at all!! tshirt/jeans/trainers all the way)
    No all saints near me, it's online only for me
    Katro shawl neck - will be bought tho...crackin looking.
    Def want a pair of grey/black/dark jeans.
    You hit the nail on the head with the roll neck - i'm shortish lol - just strangely proportioned - like a rugby player

Pete - if I strained to hard on the bog i'd have a stubble

FashionBeans Staff
    I would sick to a dark wash or indigo jeans for versatility and you wouldn't go wrong to wear a shirt under the shawl neck jumper, if you feel a little daring try a red and white gingham check or just stick to a plain white shirt.

A shawl neck..cool, i've a similar type of one i bought last year from RI.
    though would rather get one for this seasons fashion due to it being bloddy freezing as well it would get some use

Sam

Style Icon
    I'd say that fashion won't discriminate too much between two different shawl necks; if you've already got one you like, it's probably just as trendy as that one. That said I'm never one to discount the allure of a new piece!
    Anyhow glad to help, and I absolutely agree with Will too by the way. If you go for the shirt, an oxford button down is more casual than one with a fairly starched collar, assuming you didn't already know that, which in fairness you very well might have, so you know!

thanks sam, the darkjeans are more bootleggish, so wanted something more straight leg.
    got a pair of dark haki green chino's, grey shirt & a pari of black boots last night.
    have a pari of stone chinos from the other week also.
    so i reckon it'll be Beige chinos with grey shirt
    both jack & jones, so every ballix in the towns probabley got them....that's my limit, if i want to get clothes asap rather than online.
    also got myself a kowl neck cardigan
    that'll be well wore over these next few months with it getting colder each day.
    managed to get myself the houston allsaints tee, been after one for ages & got it on fleabay new!! wouldnt mind wearin it out.
    for once ive something more than trainers jeans & tee to wear out lol

lads thanks for your help, i'm totally useless at all this fashion carry on & no doubt will be on here from time to time when i need advice....for which i'm very thankful

Steve

+ Reply to Thread