FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

FashionBeans Staff
    http://www.asuitthatfits.com/shop/im...illcloseup.jpg

Worn in the style the prince wears his at the above link, nobody could tell anything about the edges of the pocket squares.
    Follow me on Twitter for the latest Fashion, Style and Music news and musings: https://twitter.com/#!/ERJ_John

Read my Fashionbeans articles here: http://www.fashionbeans.com/author/evan-john/

Jay

Style Icon
    Yes, that's the one 'fold' (although not really a fold) I was referring to where the rolled edge doesn't have to show (although you still can show those lovely edges if you want).

Trend Setter
    Are there any rules to pocket squares regarding co-ordination? My eyes love to co-ordinate colours BUT my mind just wants to let loose and go for more flamboyant patterns and colours. It's just something I've been battling with recently.

Jay

Style Icon
    I think the only rule is don't match completely otherwise you look like you are going to a wedding.

I sometimes match the colour to my tie (but never exactly) or to my shirt, sometimes I'll match a pattern (but never the same size of pattern), sometimes I like to wear one in the same (or almost the same) shade as my suit (a silk black square on a black suit looks awesome), sometimes I go for classic white no matter what else I'm wearing (especially for work) and sometimes I just wear whatever I like.

Today for example, at the office (I can wear what I like to a certain extent on a day when I'm not out with clients), I wore:

Brown gingham shirt (Paul Smith)
    Faun plaid tweed blazer (Jack Wills)
    Dark brown slim fitting textured wool trousers (Paul Smith)
    Reddish brown brogues (Paul Smith)

And I just stuffed a navy with white polkadots square in there any old how and it looked awesome.

Trend Setter
    This is the answer I was hoping for. I will invest in a few livelier ones.

FashionBeans Staff
    I wish I owned a suit; then I could get all confused and unsure about pocket squares and tie bars and the like.

Trend Setter
    Austin Reed have some pretty nice ones left in the sale... I just bought this one Burgundy Silk Handkerchief Austin Reed and a few other bits from there. Here are a few others Austin Reed Essentials , good quality and very reasonable.

+ Reply to Thread