FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last
    Jay

Style Icon

Pocket Squares

I adore pocket squares. I never wear a suit without one. I almost exclusively go for the simple square fold with just a sliver showing, usually in crisp white (but occasionally in a simple navy/red check or polkadot).

However, I'm looking to branch out and go wild for casual wear blazers and experiment with bolder folds and wilder patterns.

Hit me with pocket squares of awesomeness.

So far, these look promising:

Hugo Boss (£29)

Penrose (£40)

Lissom & Muster (£49)

Gresham Blake (£25)

I rather like this from Reiss:

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomtrumps View Post
    I like this subtle square. I also stumble across this Norwegian site here a few weeks ago that has a few interesting ones very reasonably priced.

Jay

Style Icon
    Thanks for that link. Those are very reasonably priced indeed. I've picked up four (see below) and spent half as much as I was expecting to for perhaps two or three.

FashionBeans Staff
    I've bought all mine from markets or charity shops for £1 or so. Don't be afraid to buy a large piece of fabric to be used as a pocket square - I find that these can look great to create texture. Also a thin piece of fabric that could be used as a neckerchief can work well too.
    Follow me on Twitter for the latest Fashion, Style and Music news and musings: https://twitter.com/#!/ERJ_John

Read my Fashionbeans articles here: http://www.fashionbeans.com/author/evan-john/

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan John View Post
    I've bought all mine from markets or charity shops for £1 or so. Don't be afraid to buy a large piece of fabric to be used as a pocket square - I find that these can look great to create texture. Also a thin piece of fabric that could be used as a neckerchief can work well too.
    But those won't have rolled edges, and for those of us for whom quality is important it's those little details that make all the difference. And any pocket square that can be used as a neckerchief is too big and will just make your blazer pocket bulge and look ugly.

FashionBeans Staff
    As the person who has bought and worn these Jay, I can ensure you that there are no such problems. The way I wear the pocket square (not like your 'simple square fold with just a sliver showing') means that having a rolled edge isn't a problem.
    Follow me on Twitter for the latest Fashion, Style and Music news and musings: https://twitter.com/#!/ERJ_John

Read my Fashionbeans articles here: http://www.fashionbeans.com/author/evan-john/

Trend Setter
    Nice one Jay, you can't go wrong at those prices... I would be interested in other websites for pocket squares! I have found another foreign one that I'll place an order on this week. I will let you know after I receive my goods.

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan John View Post
    As the person who has bought and worn these Jay, I can ensure you that there are no such problems. The way I wear the pocket square (not like your 'simple square fold with just a sliver showing') means that having a rolled edge isn't a problem.
    The only pocket square fold that doesn't show an edge is the ruff. If anyone is hiding their edges, then those of us savvy enough, know why.

But, yeah, most would never know the difference really. And from a distance anyone would hard pushed to notice a difference. I'm just a pedant.

@ Tone: Indeed the prices were too good to miss although I still want some of the pricier ones I listed some day when I'm feeling flush.

+ Reply to Thread