FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    Rex

ASOS T-Shirt Sizing?

Hi guys I'm new to the forum

So lately I have been doing some online shopping on ASOS and Topman (I'm from US). Im trying to smarten up my wardrobe so I bought a body measurement tape to try to buy clothes that actually fit. SO my chest measurement is around 35.5", which put me in the S range in shirt size. However, the other day when I was browsing ASOS I noticed something a bit odd

ASOS | ASOS Slim Fit Chambray Shirt With Print at ASOS

So the model's chest size is 36", but he's wearing size M and he looks good in it. As a result, I bought this shirt and it looks a bit baggy on me. I don't really understand why, since we basically have the same chest size. In fact, according to the size guide, the model should be wearing size S instead, why is he wearing a size M? So when we pick shirts online, are there other factors to consider besides chest size? Can the same principle be applied to T-shirts, sweaters, etc.? Can somebody help me with this question? Thank you so much

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Hi guys I'm new to the forum

So lately I have been doing some online shopping on ASOS and Topman (I'm from US). Im trying to smarten up my wardrobe so I bought a body measurement tape to try to buy clothes that actually fit. SO my chest measurement is around 35.5", which put me in the S range in shirt size. However, the other day when I was browsing ASOS I noticed something a bit odd

ASOS | ASOS Slim Fit Chambray Shirt With Print at ASOS

So the model's chest size is 36", but he's wearing size M and he looks good in it. As a result, I bought this shirt and it looks a bit baggy on me. I don't really understand why, since we basically have the same chest size. In fact, according to the size guide, the model should be wearing size S instead, why is he wearing a size M? So when we pick shirts online, are there other factors to consider besides chest size? Can the same principle be applied to T-shirts, sweaters, etc.? Can somebody help me with this question? Thank you so much
    Well, if you're a size S, order a size S.

If you like your shirts a bit more baggy, order size M.

Also, sometimes the description will give away the fit of a shirt. If it says 'slim fit', it sticks closer to the body. 'Regular fit' or 'true to size' is a normal fit (close to the skin, but not quite touching it) and 'a relaxed fit' will generally be a bit wider.

It all depends on how you like to wear your shirts. I've found ASOS to be quite a slim fit in most things.

(Oh, and: welcome!)

Trend Setter
    I am a small in most US brands, but a large in European brands.

+ Reply to Thread