FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

What Colour Leather Gloves To Buy?

Looking at some leather gloves but unsure what colour to get to pair with a rustic coloured Barbour. (picture below)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Dark Brown would be the obvious choice, but if you are looking for something a bit out fo the box, you could choose practically anything.

Cream ones would look pretty rude, or some oxblood ones would be kinda good still.

Trend Setter
    Guess I'll just have to wear my coat when trying on. Cheers.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Trend Setter
    I'd play it safe with dark brown too. Personally I'd be trying to match them with the colour of the collar.

Trend Setter
    Ahhh, great. Thank you.

FashionBeans Staff
    I would agree that brown is probably the best colour. I'm looking for some leather gloves and I've set my heart on some quilted oxblood ones from COS, slightly more daring in the colour department but still versatile enough to wear with different looks, although they will probably be worn most with my Navy Peacoat.

One problem I have always foreseen with brown gloves is that for most people brown is their colour of choice for all leather accessories i.e belts, shoes, bags etc so there is a chance that you might create something of a brown overload.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    I'm looking for some leather gloves and I've set my heart on some quilted oxblood ones from COS, slightly more daring in the colour department but still versatile enough to wear with different looks, although they will probably be worn most with my Navy Peacoat.
    I like those, especially in the oxblood.

I have to say I'm a big fan of TedBaker leather gloves. I have a pair of black ones that I've had for a few years now, and they have lasted really well. Amazingly soft leather too.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    I would agree that brown is probably the best colour. I'm looking for some leather gloves and I've set my heart on some quilted oxblood ones from COS, slightly more daring in the colour department but still versatile enough to wear with different looks, although they will probably be worn most with my Navy Peacoat.
    I went into COS in Brighton and had a look at these this lunchtime. Nice. In fact they have some nice stuff in there.

Jay

Style Icon
    I want these Paul Smith brown leather driving gloves so badly.

But sadly they are towards the end of a long list of things I want badly.

Trend Setter
    Yes, you want chocolate brown, like posted above.

+ Reply to Thread