FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Style Icon

Men's Ear Jewellery Suggestions

As part of my transition from late teens to 20s fashion that I'm preparing to undertake (time is going fast!), I am thinking of shrinking down the 6mm plug I have in my ear. However, I've always liked having an ear piercing. Its always given me a little edge, which I sometimes need, especially when I'm dressing a bit preppy or heritage. So I was wondering, what is acceptable for men to wear in their ears these days? I see alot of models pulling off gypsy rings. I'm sure alot of you guys will hate earrings fullstop but for those of you who don't, any ideas?
    Cheers folks
    p.s. don't even mention the words "diamond stud". I'm a feminine enough looking guy as it is!

FashionBeans Staff
    wolf-gang-max-1024x606.jpg56369_490250_wolf_gangmax_mcelligott.jpg
    Hey Nath,
    This is lead singer of Wolf Gang, Max Mcelligot. I think that his dangly earring goes really well with his dandy, tailored style, giving him an edge. He wears vintage, intricate pieces that go with the vintage look.
    Check out some Wolf Gang music videos to see more.

Is this the style of clothing that you have? If so, I think this look could work.
    Evan

Style Icon
    Thanks Evan. Never even considered dangly earrings but I'm a big fan. As for my style, I'm definately more "dandy" than I am "rough and ready". I'm even rocking quite a similar hairstyle to him right now!

FashionBeans Staff
    You should check his music videos out on Youtube for a better look at his earring. The video for 'The King and All of His Men' is a good example I think.

If you do go down this route, just be sure that the earring is of a high quality and intricate.

I have a Tragus piercing, which I puppose is inherently slightly more edge than a lobe piercing, but I find a simple silver stud goes with everything and is inconspicuous enough to wear consistently, yet gives a more preppy/tailored look some much needed recontextualisation.

This is a tragus piercing btw, although that is not me in the pic.

Fashionisto
    is it just me that thinks that dangly earrings are really feminine??

FashionBeans Staff
    I'm sure you're not the only one Cturbinado, however I think (although I wouldn't pierce my ears) that these look great on a dandy gentleman, like Max Mcelligot in the pictures, and really add to an outfit. I wouldn't say there is anything feminine about the pictures shown, however worn on someone else, these could look feminine.
    I think that a plain stud looks more feminine (however not looking feminine) than the dangly most of the time. It's all down to preference.

Fashionisto
    I had my ear pierced about 3 years ago, want to get back into wearing earrings but have no idea whats fashion anymore! I recently had a black square stuf which looked ok, but any ideas? I do want a stud style but no idea where to start... is an expensive diamond stud acceptable?

I've got a Vivienne Westwood Orb Logo in my ear at the moment, I like it...

Fashionisto
    Look decent pins.. where did you grab these from? Looked at the Vivienne Westwood range and it looks pretty impressive, but obviously be good to see them in real life before ordering them due to the no returns

+ Reply to Thread