FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    As much as I find the boat shoe a bit 'bleugh', I must admit Sperry have done well to develop the style a bit further.

Seekwal, if you like them then great. They're just not my bag. Or rather, shoe. HA!

I don't like the boat shoe but I am a huge fan of twisted seam drop crotch elasticated cuff chinos. But as you say 'haters gonna hate.'

Trend Setter
    I actually like boat shoes, but they've certainly become overworn. It's awful when something you really like becomes a trend and then looks dated two months after. As to holiday dressing, I never manage to wear anything but plain tees and shorts once the warm weather starts to kick in.

Fashionisto
    Been alot of discussion it seems since i posted this.

On the subject of boat shoes, i personally do like them wholeheartedly and see them as great summer footwear, but the problem i have with them is how abundant they are sometimes. They aren't really unique now and don't hold down as a 'standout' piece. I think this year, i'm gonna invest in a pair of brown loafers for my party holidays for general daytime use.

I also was wondering, on the topic of a simple tshirt and shorts combo - can this look be stylish? or is it simply too basic to be considered stylish? I'm sure a fitted tshirt and tailored shorts would help the look along, but im on the fence.

Anyone getting unique summer footwear?

Trend Setter
    I hear what you're saying, Anthony. I always go back to a trusty pair of cream Diesel Black Gold desert boots and a dark green pair of Hudson tassel loafers. Suede isn't the most practical of materials but its my go to!

Main thing for me is some nice summer shoes. I'm not a 'shorts guy', I'll be sticking to chinos and possibly jeans, and standard white t-shirt or chambray shirt. But for shoes, I'm ALWAYS stuck in the summer. I mean I own shoes suitable for both summer and winter, but I want something nice I can just slip on and off. I'm thinking boat shoes, although I think they can look a bit 'dad-like' and I've notice they've worked their way into the 'denim shirt, cuffed chino lad crowd'. Still, I really like the sperry ones I saw posted in the thread. Will be on the lookout for something similar... and cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Been alot of discussion it seems since i posted this.

On the subject of boat shoes, i personally do like them wholeheartedly and see them as great summer footwear, but the problem i have with them is how abundant they are sometimes. They aren't really unique now and don't hold down as a 'standout' piece. I think this year, i'm gonna invest in a pair of brown loafers for my party holidays for general daytime use.

I also was wondering, on the topic of a simple tshirt and shorts combo - can this look be stylish? or is it simply too basic to be considered stylish? I'm sure a fitted tshirt and tailored shorts would help the look along, but im on the fence.

Anyone getting unique summer footwear?
    I have some woven leather Hudson espadrilles which add enough of an edge to this type of outfit to make it fashionable. Add a nice watch & bracelet combo, sunglasses or a hat, a belt, and a nice bag if you're on the move and you're good to go.

Rocking something like a lightweight jumper or a shirt with shorts can give them a fashion twist too.

There are some boat shoes which avoid the cliché btw. If you go for brown / navy two-tone leather, you are going to look like everyone else. Suede sets you apart instantly, and my black pair are definitely a cut above the rest imo

Trend Setter
    Really like those black ones Pins

+ Reply to Thread