FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Recommended Men's Tweed Blazer?

I have decided that for my 30th birthday, I shall request that my beloved bequeath me with a Tweed Blazer.

My preliminary fumblings are finding nothing with much verve, though. Do any of you fine chaps happen to know of any that may appeal?

I'm thinking one-button, in a tan hue, with some visible checking or flecking. Something that makes a statement. The availability of a matching waistcoat would also be preferable.

Please, Fashionbeans Forumites, won't you help me out of this dire conundrum?

Editor-In-Chief
    Price range?

They are relatively rare to find still online even though it is a big texture trend. But I do love myself some tweed so I will keep an eye out for you as we put articles together over next couple of days.
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

Probably maximum of £200... From what I've seen online, I don't think this amount of wonga will gain me access to the tweed-breasted gentleman's club.

Jay

Style Icon
    One button is going to be a difficult one. Usually tweed is associated more with hacking or shooting jackets, which have always tended to have three buttons.

Here are a few options from Ted Baker (both at £229 so almost in your price range):

Tweed jacket with elbow patches - KOOBOY by Ted Baker

Tweed jacket - MAGHERA by Ted Baker

Sam

Style Icon
    I tried that Maghera one on yesterday; it fitted quite broadly so be aware of that.

Jay

Style Icon
    Yeah, the other is much nicer, but for serious membership to the tweed club, I'm afraid his budget may well have to double. I could pick out twenty in a heartbeat with £400 to play with.

Sam

Style Icon
    I'd love a nice tweed too actually. I seem to recall you talking about Bookster bespoke types, which sounds really cool to me. Probably best to save it until at least 18 when I'll be less likely to grow out of the thing though!

I'm afraid I'm going to bring up Topman again; they do a range of Harris Tweed stuff. I can't speak for quality but what there is is a one button tweed jacket, which as Jay rightly says is hard to come by.
    Harris Tweed - Clothing - TOPMAN
    Harris Tweed Green Shawl Blazer* - Suit Jackets & Blazers - Suits - TOPMAN

Selected | Selected Hunter Blazer at ASOS
    I've never worn anything by Selected before but that one looks like a reasonably priced and fitted sort. As close to what you were after as I could find within your budget.
    Last edited by Sam; 14-11-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Tried on a Vivienne Westwood one yesterday witha built in waistcoat. I loved it. It was £765

Sam

Style Icon
    Gary Barlow, who I do think looks good, wears exactly that on the X Factor occasionally, that's the sort of company you're in there

Trend Setter
    @Pins - The Vivienne Westwood one you're talking about is gorgeous!

I loved this one by Camo, and you can even buy the matching waistcoat! Sadly both pieces make a £525 total..

Camo | CAMO Single Suit Jacket at ASOS

Camo | CAMO Waistcoat at ASOS

+ Reply to Thread