FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 Last

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Johny what are you on about? "Smart" and "casual" isn't the same as "conformist" and "rebellious." And ties and pocket squares can clash all you like if you put it together right.
    As for camo then - it can be gotten right just fine, it's simply the case that almost nobody does. My favourite camo piece is this wonderful cardi from Comme Des Garcons:

Which would look smashing layered with other neutrals.
    Problem is, I bet it's a lot more expensive then it should be... (you're right, it does look nice).

Sam

Style Icon
    You bet it is. About £300 and no suspect rip-offs in sight...
    Mentioning no names.

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-B View Post
    Pocket hanky looks stupid, a hanky should match or compliment your tie not clash with it !!! It looks like he's saying "Oh look I'm being a rebel, I'm wearing a camo hanky" how very sad !!!
    A pocket square should NEVER match your tie unless you're forced to at a wedding and then only at gunpoint.

And the pocket square and outfit in question in all kinds of awesome.
    Last edited by Jay; 26-04-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    A pocket square should NEVER match your tie unless you're forced to at a wedding and then only at gunpoint.

And the pocket square and outfit in question in all kinds of awesome.
    Agree totally with you but at £125 is the pocket square worth it?

Jay

Style Icon

Trend Setter
    Nice affordable camo pocket square here (20USD + £USD worldwide shipping). (Some lovely ties too but unfortunately only skinny and I like mine slightly wider.)

The Black Panther ‹ Pocket Square Clothing | A Gentlemen's Clothing Company
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

Fashionisto

Trend Setter
    I personally quite like the print.
    As other have mentioned All Saints have a few camo items in their look book for S/S and they look great.
    Not sure whether I'd be able to pull it off (probably not), but I would definitely look into it if I saw a jacket / cardigan in a shop somewhere to see how it looked.

What with print being quite big at the minute I don't see how camo is being labelled as a no go area. Particularly when some of the printed items that are currently available are even more garish and have to be carefully selected or layered with a solid colour to stop you looking like you don't have a clue. Camo is what it is. I reckon it's just as easy to get right as it is to get wrong.

But I like it!

Trend Setter
    I would get a pocket square and that's about it, I just don't see any longevity what so ever. Spending £100+ on that ghastly All Saints biker jacket or blazer would be a terrible decision.
    You Must Create

Style Icon
    I agree about the current crop of All Saints items: the blazer and biker jacket especially are nothing special. The camo print they use is virtually identical to vintage military items, and thus for the price you really are over-paying.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 Last