FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Men's Leather Jackets?

I have a need for a new leather jacket, but the ones I have seen that I like are out of my price range. Here are two examples;

AllSaints Replica Biker Jacket
    Diesel | Diesel Licar Biker Jacket at ASOS

I love the kinda rock n' roll, aged biker jackets. But I have a sensible budget, stretchy, but not £350-for-one-jacket-stretchy.

Any suggestions, or advice on places to look?

Trend Setter
    What is your budget? plus if your not in a mad rush wait for the sales next month. All Saints and ASOS always have a great xmas sale.

Sam

Style Icon
    Two things about Allsaints leather, from experience:
    • You can get them much, much, much cheaper in the sales. I got mine for £150, below half price.
    • I don't actually think they're that nice! The fit on mine is lacking considering the price, and the leather itself isn't wonderfully finished - that may well be how it's meant to feel but I'm not a fan.
    I've had more luck in vintage shops and sites, and for aged/distressed leather they're the real thing. Obviously you should pop down to your local charity/vintage shop, if you've got one, so you can assess fit and quality, but I've had some success online; I've ordered something from each of these:
    Men's Jackets - Leather & Suede - Vintage clothing from Rokit ordered a military jacket. It turned out to be a womens so look at something carefully before you buy it! Finding smaller sizes is difficult but there are some investment pieces on there (and I say investment in the truest sense of the word)
    That Indie Look Vintage Leather Jackets Ordered a 70s tan leather jacket. Swift delivery, good value, true to description. Definitely going to use this site again!
    Vintage Jackets & Coats Men's | Denim, Leather Jackets & Coats Men's | Beyond Retro Ordered an 80s lime green Lacoste Harrington from the 80s. Suffice to say I got what was coming to me! Delivery was good, although I reckon the sizing was slightly out.

Otherwise, I think Topman does reasonable leathers although there's only actually a nice style on there occasionally.
    If you've got £200 and an extravagant fashion sense, the Versace for H&M biker was still on sale last I checked - a real statement piece!

Hope that's of use

Fashionisto
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    And is all saints fit really that bad, the one I posted above felt rather comfortable. However, I do want something that will last me.
    And I may have a peek during the sales!

Sam

Style Icon
    Well, the fit is going to be individual to you, and while I didn't much like the handle of the leather, I couldn't fault it for longevity. So if you're happy with the fit (and do be discerning about that) and you like the feel then it could well be the jacket for you.

Fashionisto
    Yeah, I like quite slim fitting clothes - I find bagginess uncomfortable, and everyone's fit is individual, of course. I may invest, but I shall wait for the sales first.

Trend Setter
    I've had my All Saints leather jacket 2 years and it is even more awesome than the day I bought it.

Sam

Style Icon
    I like a slim fit too - what I don't like is overlong sleeves, too much material around the pockets and irritating low armholes, three problems mine has. Some people might, but more to the point when I say the fit is going to be individual I mean it's going to depend on your body type. I still haven't found the perfect leather jacket but the closest I've come has been vintage.

Fashionisto
    I am in exactly the same boat as you then Sam - I had the same problems with my old one, it wasn't great. And my only problem with vintage online? I don't know how it'll fit. I'm really fussy on fit :') But nice to know the AS stuff is worth buying tone :')

+ Reply to Thread