FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

AllSaints Corduane Cigarette Jeans

Does anybody have experience of Allsaints Corduane Cigarette Jeans?

I tried some on in my size and they were far too tight on the legs so I kind of wrote them off. Since looking at the Cannon Chinos I tried on the size up as my size wasn't out. They fitted perfectly. I then tried on my size and again they were far too tight on the legs.

I'm now wondering if the Cigarettes will be the same? Unfortunately my local store don't have any Cigarettes for me to try. I wonder if anybody here has them, and if they picked a size up?

Pins, I saw that you had some stuff on eBay in a size up from your jeans. Was this for the same reason?

Paul

Yeah, they are tight on the legs, unless you have a little stretch in the fabric you may need to size up.

Trend Setter
    Cheers. I ended up going to Allsaints over lunch and they actually had everything I was looking for. They had the Cannon Chinos, the Iggy Cords and the Cigarette Cords, so I tried them all on.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulAnderson View Post
    Cheers. I ended up going to Allsaints over lunch and they actually had everything I was looking for. They had the Cannon Chinos, the Iggy Cords and the Cigarette Cords, so I tried them all on.
    How were they?

Trend Setter
    How did the Iggy cords fit compared to the Cannon chinos?

Trend Setter
    Yeah, sorry that would have been useful wouldn't it.

The iggy cords are the best fit for me in a 32". I'm not really into skinny fit so these are about as tight as I'd go. I don't have massive legs, but normally have issues around the thighs and calves.

In comparison, the cannon chinos in a 34" fit perfectly around the waist. The calves seemed a little tight, and the thighs a bit loose, which is why I didn't get them. The 32s did fit, but were spray-on tight, and get caught on my calves so look overly stretched and wrong across the knees.

The Cigarette cords in a 34" fit in the legs like the Iggys in a 32" but are looser around the waist. If Honest, borderline too loose, but they won't fall down. This does give them an overly baggy bum, but again not enough for me to not get them. The Cigarettes in a 32" were FAR tighter than the Cannons.

In all fairness though if they had the Iggys in Oxblood I would have snapped them up, but they don't. If the cigarettes were any other colour I wouldn't have got them as the fit isn't quite right in the wrong size.

I ended up buying the Iggy Cords in Geography and the Cigarette Cords in Oxblood.

Trend Setter
    Interestingly my cords turned up on Friday. The Cigarettes in a 34 fit much better than those I tried on in the store. I'd go as far as to say that the 34" Cigarettes fit the same as the 32" iggys. I'm really pleased with them. The cords in Oxblood are just an amazing colour. In my opinion a much nicer colour than the Canons in Oxblood.

Next question... What footwear is going to go well with either pair? I'm not quite used to such a slim fit. I've tried with my dark brogue boots and a pair of white leather plimsolls and I think they look good, but what else would work? Are military boots going to be a no-no? I have cropped military boots in chocolate brown from AllSaints, and some black ones from RiverIsland.

Choccy brown military boots would be ok.

To be honest I've always found it quite difficult to rock a lot of different footwear with coloured jeans / chinos, which is why I try to stick to getting them from cheaper brands nowadays. It's no good having nice clothes if you don't wear them a lot!

Some casual black shoes could work; I believe black and burgundy was touted as a key colour combo on here a while back. I wouldn't go for smart black shoes though; think distressed suede or leather.

Sand coloured boots will also work, or if you have any bright footwear, just throw them together and see what sticks!

Wondering if you guys could help out

I am looking at getting a pair of Senso Cigarette Jeans but not sure if I should go for 32 or 34. I have 32 in print cigarette but they are stretchy. Seeing as the Spencer Cigarette jeans have no stretch I thought of getting the 34's. I am no where near a store so just wondered if anyone knew if there was a massive difference with the stretch and no stretch in the Cigarette jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by JTaplin View Post
    Wondering if you guys could help out

I am looking at getting a pair of Senso Cigarette Jeans but not sure if I should go for 32 or 34. I have 32 in print cigarette but they are stretchy. Seeing as the Spencer Cigarette jeans have no stretch I thought of getting the 34's. I am no where near a store so just wondered if anyone knew if there was a massive difference with the stretch and no stretch in the Cigarette jeans.
    The stretch makes a lot of diff in my experience. I would prob size up, but bear in mind that they won't be as skinny.

If you want them to fir like the Print Cigarettes, you will prob be disappointed.

+ Reply to Thread