FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Shirt Buying Advice

Alright guys, I'm looking on smartening up my look, away from graphic t-shirts from all saints and alike, and going for smart crisp shirts, looking for a nice white oxford style shirt atm. Now my problem is, I seem to have a fat neck, I have only really bought a smart shirt (by smart I mean neck sizing) once, the other times I have had the help of some Slaters staff and bought shirts in sizes medium ect. I'm around a 16" neck and I'm looking for a fitted shirt, that I can pair with chinos or jeans and brogues, but can also be worn under a jumper/ blazer. So do you have any suggestions when it comes to shirt buying?

Cheers Pete

Jay

Style Icon
    Buy a 16" neck shirt in a slim fit that you like and take it to a tailor. For a tenner or so they'll 'pinch' it in at the waist (basically remove some material at the sides) so it fits more snugly. Its worth spending £10.00 less on the shirt and give that to the tailor. You'll get far better results.

Zara have some decent shirts that last, good quality and are a little thicker than normal so they look 'solid' when worn.

Good luck finding what you want!

+ Reply to Thread